BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the E90 have a built in alarm system or is this an option to be added at the dealer or from the factory. Are After market alarm systems a better choiceI have placed a deposit to order the 330xi in sept. Thanks Dr. A

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Lungdoctor said:
Does the E90 have a built in alarm system or is this an option to be added at the dealer or from the factory. Are After market alarm systems a better choiceI have placed a deposit to order the 330xi in sept. Thanks Dr. A
Option. Check the E90 accessories catalog, or call either Pacific BMW or Circle BMW for pricing. Other alarm systems are nice, but the E90 is pre-wired for the BMW alarm so installation will be easy.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
The dealer installed alarm is just a noise maker. If you need remote start or other such functions look aftermarket.

·
Registered
209 Posts
ObD said:
The dealer installed alarm is just a noise maker. If you need remote start or other such functions look aftermarket.
Agreed. As you may already know, with the E46 (and I suspect the same applies to the E90) you can have the dealer activate the flashers on locking/unlocking the car and also activate the clown nose. Thus your car looks like it has an alarm and you get visual indication of locking/unlocking but you don't have the noise.

By the way, where is the alarm LED in the E90... Does the clown nose persist?!

·
2,457 Posts
virtualrain said:
Agreed. As you may already know, with the E46 (and I suspect the same applies to the E90) you can have the dealer activate the flashers on locking/unlocking the car and also activate the clown nose. Thus your car looks like it has an alarm and you get visual indication of locking/unlocking but you don't have the noise.

By the way, where is the alarm LED in the E90... Does the clown nose persist?!
Clown nose still exists, though at the moment, there's no software delivered to the dealers to allow them to program it. I'd assume that if this was true, that you couldn't have them activate your alarm at the moment either. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
LarryN said:
Clown nose still exists, though at the moment, there's no software delivered to the dealers to allow them to program it. I'd assume that if this was true, that you couldn't have them activate your alarm at the moment either. :dunno:
O.K. with me, I don't plan on buying the alarm 'til a little bit later.
Larry, looks like a lousy weather forecast for Munich next week.
Bummer....

·
2,457 Posts
RichReg said:
O.K. with me, I don't plan on buying the alarm 'til a little bit later.
Larry, looks like a lousy weather forecast for Munich next week.
Bummer....
That's OK, I'm sure it won't rain for 2+ weeks :) driving our new bimmers on the autobahn is good enough for me. Rain or no rain.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
With my E90 the clown nose is dormant. However, the flashers do work on lock/unlock.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
LarryN said:
That's OK, I'm sure it won't rain for 2+ weeks :) driving our new bimmers on the autobahn is good enough for me. Rain or no rain.
Drives the same in the rain. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
ObD said:
Drives the same in the rain. :bigpimp:
:) True...but I'm on vacation and I like nice weather, else I would've gone during Octoberfest.

No matter, nothing's gonna spoil this little adventure too easily... :thumbup:

·
2,457 Posts
RichReg said:
:) True...but I'm on vacation and I like nice weather, else I would've gone during Octoberfest.

No matter, nothing's gonna spoil this little adventure too easily... :thumbup:
That's the spirit! :)

Since I'm wending my way down the French and Spanish coastlines, I'm sure that I'll get more sun than I can deal with, I'm sure. I hear they all wear those pea shooter skivvies on teh beach though. :( I'm bucking the trend, and wearing my trunks.

ObD, I test drove in the rain. Only time I drove the e90. I'm saving my dry time for the autobahn, I guess. :thumbup: Leave in 70 hours. Woohoo!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.