BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my first Bimmer, an X3 2.5i, and after finding out about ED and reading all your comments I figured that is how I want to start my BMW experience. I've gone through all the pricing info I've found in this site (thanks to all of you that have put it together, it is an AMAZING help!!) and just wanted to validate with all you ED gurus my logic to come up with a reasonable offer. Here's my logic:

- I used Edmunds.com to find out TMV (what people are actually paying) for the base price and the options I want
- Based on this and the invoice price I came up with the dealer's average profit margin (% and $)
- I then used the ED wholesale base price (found in this site) and added the invoice price of the options to get to the dealers actual cost for the ED car
- Finally I applied the dealer's margin I calculated before to come up with what should be the market price for the ED option. This would be my offer to the dealer.

Does the method sound reasonable?

Also, do you know of any ED friendly dealers in the Chicagoland area?

Finally, I am planning to take delivery in September, do you guys know when the 2006 model year comes out?

Thanks for your help!!!!

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
You may also want to look a this thread. Pricing an ED car is very simple. Add a reasonable dealer fee ($1,000- $1,500?) to the ED invoice price of your car, including options, and that is your purchase price. I do not trust TMV, plus ED cars are a completely different animal. The fee you pay to the dealer is to basically process your order and follow up. None of the overhead expenses normally associated with the regular US delivery cars.

Once you have decided what price you want to pay follow some of the suggestions in the thread. Do not limit yourself to local dealers. I bought my car from a dealer 100 miles away to get the best price. Do not worry about service. Any authorized BMW dealer will be glad to service your car.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Ayrton said:
Finally, I am planning to take delivery in September, do you guys know when the 2006 model year comes out?

Thanks for your help!!!!
If you want a 2006 model, then the earliest you can probably take Delivery in Munich is early October.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Wow. It's like using a left hand to reach to the right pocket. It is much easier. Simply take your ED wholesale price, add options at wholesale plus the profit. Figure out the profit based on people's experiences here. Because your car is a plain vanilla bmw and does not come out of dealer's allocation probably $1K to $1.5K sounds about right for doing some paperwork. Offer the dealer couple hundred less than what your target is to let him have the "final" word.
Edmunds TMV prices are ridiculous - they are way too high. Plus they have nothing to do with ED pricing/process.

Good luck!

·
In Driving Heaven
2,772 Posts
Or just use the Rizzo Method and tell a bunch of dealers what you are willing to pay. See which ones bite.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!!

Thanks for all the advice, I was overestimating by about $500. Do you think I should wait for the 2006 model? I am purchasing so I think I am better off getting the 2006. Any advice?

Thanks again for all your help!!

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
Ayrton said:
Thanks for all the advice, I was overestimating by about $500. Do you think I should wait for the 2006 model? I am purchasing so I think I am better off getting the 2006. Any advice?

Thanks again for all your help!!
You should go ahead and wait for the new Model Year. ED cars are not sensitive to MY change over (sales, clearances). The price will always be ED invoice plus fee. If you buy a 2005, then in a few month it is going be a year old car. :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts