BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's wrong with BMW's F1 team? I didn't see the whole race today, but I saw that both cars didn't finish. All these millions for what?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
flexstar said:
What's wrong with BMW's F1 team? I didn't see the whole race today, but I saw that both cars didn't finish. All these millions for what?
Just read any one of a number of reports on the race. Both Heidfeld and Villeneuve got caught up in some first lap incidents and the cars weren't the same since.

Don't forget that money can't just buy a team. The Sauber team was a consistent back-of-the-pack team (with very good Ferrari powerplants and gearboxes) until BMW got there. For them to improve a couple of places in the constructors championship in their first year will be a very good achievement, considering the quality of the front-running teams (Renault, Ferrari, McLaren, Toyota, Honda).

I don't think anyone who follows F1 thought that BMW Sauber would come out this year and dominate anything.

-MrB

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
flexstar said:
Because BMW is focusing it's efforts on making "Ultimate" Driving Machines. So it can't be bothered by an F1 car. :rofl:

·
ZHPper
2,128 Posts
flexstar said:
First year with a basically brand new team, you really can't expect too much. And a couple of not so hot drivers, wait till next year and maybe they will give Kubica a shot at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.