BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Swedish Murder Machine
8,671 Posts
Looks like Android users are getting some love. This apparently will work with the current version of i-drive;

My BMW Remote allows users to operate all manner of functions in their BMW from outside the vehicle, without even having to be nearby:
  • Remote Door Lock & Unlock allows the car to be locked and unlocked from a smartphone.
  • Climate Control makes it possible to control the interior temperature by adjusting the auxiliary ventilation and heating settings, and programming the systems by timer.
  • With "Horn Blow" for sounding the horn and "Flash Light" for briefly switching on the exterior lights, users can trigger acoustic and visual signals to help them find their vehicle in crowded car parks, for instance.
  • If the car is out of sight and hearing distance but within a radius of up to 1,5 km, the Vehicle Finder function is able to display a map on the smartphone screen showing the way to the vehicle's location. This function is only available when the ignition is switched off, thereby making it impossible to track the vehicle's movements.
  • Using Google Local Search, users are able to import points of interest (POIs) from their smartphone into the vehicle's navigation system via the message list.

Complete press release - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636379

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/31/my-bmw-remote-app-ready-to-play-with-android/

· Registered
599 Posts
Yeah, wish it worked in the US. Can't find on app store on my device and when I use the web interface it says it's not available for my country (US).

· ///Multiple
4,586 Posts
As pcbrew experienced, I still can't find in the Google Play store on my phone. It was showing up on the Google Play website earlier today but when you would try to install it you would get the message "This item cannot be installed in your device's country."

Now it's not even there.

So no, still no Android love.

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts
So, having an 09 335 I don't think I have Connected Drive. I need that for this to work right? I got the app working on my phone but can't log in with my "mybmw" id and PW
just need bmw assist.
you need to use the email address that is registered with them and your bmw assist password (the one you need to give the operator to unlock the car remotely)

· Registered
566 Posts
I was told, you have to use the BMW assist password.

My account was locked since I tried with MyBMW account. They asked me to wait until Friday to unlock my account since their system was down. I asked them what kind of system that you have would be down for couple of days and the BMW rep was laughing. WTH.

· Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,811 Posts
My account got locked while I was trying to log in. Called them and got the same thing that they are having problems and I should call back in 72h - Saturday or Monday. :confused:

Nice system they have there...:tsk:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.