BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 BMW X5 pricing

BMW has released the base US MSRP pricing for the 2014 F15 X5. The new addition to the X5 family, the rear-wheel drive 2014 X5 sDrive35i will start at $53,725. The 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i is priced at $56,025, the 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35d price is $57,525 and the 2014 BMW X5 xDrive50i will start at $69,125. All prices include $925 destination and handling. Newly-standard equipment for the X5 includes, but is not limited to, BMW's Auto Start-Stop system, BMW's iDrive4.2 Navigation System with Touchpad, 10 years of BMW Assist eCall service, 10 years of BMW TeleService, BMW Apps, 40-20-40 split-folding rear seat, and now standard Servotronic speed-sensitive power steering.

Detailed US MSRP pricing for packages and options has not yet been released. If you're waiting for detailed pricing it will be another month or so. The all-new 3rd-generation BMW X5 will arrive in US showrooms in the fourth quarter of this year as the TwinPower Turbo inline six X5 sDrive35i and X5 xDrive35i as well as the TwinPower Turbo V8 X5 xDrive50i. The BMW Advanced Diesel X5 xDrive35d will follow in early 2014.

Read more about the 2014 third generation BMW X5

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
BMW Announces Pricing for All-New X5 Sports Activity Vehicle - Starting at $53,

Ludicrous.......well optioned X5 5.0 will be in 75-80k range, i d say bye bye BMW and welcome Porsche or Range Rover
Alex

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
252 Posts
After reading this crap, I'm glad we decided on a 2013 X5 instead of waiting for the 2014. Sounds to me, from what I read here, a decently equipped (not loaded) 2014 X5 35d is going to be at least $70K. Honestly, that's almost like charging $35 for a hamburger.....yeah, a good burger is yummy...but give me a break!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I just went onto the 2013 x50i and a fully loaded current model 50i costs $77k, so the price increase doesn't seem too terribly high for the new design. I just hate having to wait until Qtr4 to order my new X5.
I think you're missing some options on your fully loaded 50i if it's only 77k. :yikes:

·
Registered
154 Posts

Usually about two months before the car goes on sale.
according to my dealer, F15 production start around 2nd half of August, I would expect all pricing will be ready for us in 2-3 weeks at most

·
Registered
39 Posts
Honestly I don't see the price increase here. I tried building a 14 X535i on the website with the same options as I have for my 13 X535i premium, and it came a little bit lower than the MSRP for the 13 X5 I have, although I paid lower than MSRP of course, and some options got upgraded, for example now I can get surround view camera rather than the top view camera I have on my 13 X5. All these so-called "price hikes" are just media trying to get attention from people who are not in the market and have not done their homework, because I've never seen a single person buying a BMW without the navigation, leather seats, wood trim, etc. even though these are not included in the previous base models. I guess most of those cheap base models went to car rental companies anyways. Plus the interior of the 14 model is way nicer. If I could wait longer(which I couldn't so I am not regretting), I would definitely get the new one.

My short list has just gotten one vehicle shorter. Absolutely ludicrous price increase.

·
Registered
112 Posts
... because I've never seen a single person buying a BMW without the navigation, leather seats, wood trim, etc. even though these are not included in the previous base models.
Well, you've seen one now! Four new BMWs over the years, all very lightly optioned. Or as my CA likes to say "Time for another nothing-burger?"

I don't buy them for the doo-dads. ;)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
So can someone in here tell me why does BMW not allow us Americans to have the 4.0d and 5.0d engines?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree that there are always exceptions. But this is definitely not a price hike. It is more of eliminating a line that has a small customer base.

Well, you've seen one now! Four new BMWs over the years, all very lightly optioned. Or as my CA likes to say "Time for another nothing-burger?"

I don't buy them for the doo-dads. ;)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
So can someone in here tell me why does BMW not allow us Americans to have the 4.0d and 5.0d engines?
Emissions on the 35d has proven a challenge enough, imagine the 4.0 and 5.0d models challenges.

Plus M50d would probably slot around the base price of an 50i and an X5M. I`m pretty sure if your shelling out that much of money for an X5, you`d rather have the sweet exhaust note of a petrol V8 from BMW rather than a diesel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.