BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my new 528i today. BMW Apps included. Too overwhelmed with all the esoterica on the car to post a full review of everything. But will comment on the BMW Apps. Web Radio worked and is cool. Facebook is functional but I cant figure how to reply to a comment made to a post...or if I can. My major frustration is that if the phone rings or I get a text while Apps is running, Apps shuts down and has to be restarted via the phone. There maybe a way around this but I cant see it right off. I also wish I could put the Nav in the left hand window and my audio-album covers on the right hand side of screen. Coming from an e46 2002 330xi, the 5 series is not as nimble or tight, but I'm still elated. My hind quarters are happy to be off the ground a bit more. The ride is more quiet and softer. It's funny, back when I bought the 330xi in 2002 everybody on the fest was ragging on how there was too much power assist in the steering. The issues never change on the forum, lol. The 5 is a much more classier ride and lots more creature comforts.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the tires were 18" Conti's. Glad not the Goodyears!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I also wish I could put the Nav in the left hand window and my audio-album covers on the right hand side of screen.
Congrats. I'm pretty sure you can have album cover on right and Nav on left, but I don't remember exactly how I did it. May need to fiddle around with the split screen options, which at first can be overwhelming, especially when taking in all the other gadgets now surrounding you.

I also got BMW apps on my M3 delivered on Monday, but have only made sure it worked, not really played with it yet. I think the only way to reply to FB posts is with the canned ones, as with Twitter. I am also having trouble getting My BMW Remote to work - it does not like my username/password, even though BMW Assist confirmed them.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The White/Cinnamon is a nice color combo. Hope you post some pics soon.

·
535i M-Sport ED May 2011
969 Posts
I am also having trouble getting My BMW Remote to work - it does not like my username/password, even though BMW Assist confirmed them.
There was a thread on BF not long ago about :
1) If you had a previous Assist account it may still be tied to old car
2) The dealer put in a ID/Password and the changes made when you switched it via the ASSIST folks may only "half changed" it in BMW's servers
3) other things I don't remember.

Good Luck and let us know what you end up having to do to get it to work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The run flat failure threads seem to be pretty much about Goodyears. I don't know all the details but that seems to be a common thread.

Tim

·
Registered
2021 540xi M Sport / Premium / Driving Assistance Plus / Parking Assistance
547 Posts
The run flat failure threads seem to be pretty much about Goodyears. I don't know all the details but that seems to be a common thread.

Tim
Also it is the 19" wheels, not available on the 528.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Congrats. I'm pretty sure you can have album cover on right and Nav on left, but I don't remember exactly how I did it. May need to fiddle around with the split screen options, which at first can be overwhelming, especially when taking in all the other gadgets now surrounding you.

I also got BMW apps on my M3 delivered on Monday, but have only made sure it worked, not really played with it yet. I think the only way to reply to FB posts is with the canned ones, as with Twitter. I am also having trouble getting My BMW Remote to work - it does not like my username/password, even though BMW Assist confirmed them.
Make sure you have split screen enabled and then select right window / assist window pane. Select options and scroll down to entertainment details .

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i still dont think that camera's capture the true color of the cinnamon brown. It is more brown and less pinkish rust than what is shows! I'm very happy with the color. BMW website pictures are pretty close to what you get with Cinnamon Brown

1 - 17 of 17 Posts