BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Friend
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if BMW has or is planning to open up the API to their BMW Apps iDrive integration?

I've searched high and low and haven't unearthed anything. I'm wondering if it's just basic iPod Out functionality and they've made the iPod Out display for their app look exactly like the iDrive experience.

Arlo

·
Friend
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe there is a current discussion on the topic here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511636
Thanks, but not what I was looking for. I'm interested in adding the ability to have my iPhone's app output to BMW's ConnectedDrive system and was trying to find documentation on if it's possible.

Since I made that post, I had discovered that their integration with their app is not dove via iPod out, it uses the command protocols for a docked device, which means there's no way to hook into the system unless you have a business partnership with BMW and they add you to their app.

Arlo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since I made that post, I had discovered that their integration with their app is not dove via iPod out, it uses the command protocols for a docked device, which means there's no way to hook into the system unless you have a business partnership with BMW and they add you to their app.
Would you mind posting some of the technical details on what you found out?
Thanks,
Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts