BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having problems with my BMW Assist/Emergency button where when I press it, it tries to call but after a few minutes comes back and asks to "end emergency call"! Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what was done to correct it?

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
kamiri said:
I've been having problems with my BMW Assist/Emergency button where when I press it, it tries to call but after a few minutes comes back and asks to "end emergency call"! Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what was done to correct it?
Any Assist issues need to be addressed at the dealer. Either it works, or it doesn't.

·
Registered
341 Posts
this recall was just announced in june: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154301

your car may be affected. i got a letter from BMWNA about it, and took my car to the dealership and had it fixed. did you get a letter? regardless, you may want to print out that bulletin and make an appointment at your dealership to have it checked out...

·
Rocket Scientist
1,455 Posts
kamiri said:
As r6girl says some TCUs were disabled. It could also be that your TCU just died, mine did without affecting Bluetooth or anything else. Did you have your car's software updated at some point? I have a sneaky feeling that's wht lead to the demise of mine.

·
You puked ON Dean Wormer
211 Posts
Speaking of fried TCU's, I had the emissions recall service done on my E60 and they fried the TCU while updating for emissions. Replaced it (which will hopefully solve a bluetooth disconnection problem), but it took 2 days at the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The software was updated about a month after I got the car. I didn't have any problems with the communications system until recently. Maybe this problem is linked to the problem I'm having with my Bluetooth as well. I have an appointment at the dealership next Thursday and they told me that it would take a couple of days to do it! I think it takes less time to go to the moon!!?

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts