BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

It's the first time I post on this forum although I used it in the past and the info was very helpful .

I own 2013 535i msport for almost a year (my first BMW)
Bought the car with 44,000 miles and it was in amazing shape (1 owner before me), so I took my chance and didn't purchase the extended warranty (big mistake).

The only repairs that I had done are changing the rear brake pads , new tires and 2 oil changes .

Recently I had little burning oil smell from the engine and 3 repair shops told me the same thing - I have small leaks from the oil filter gasket and from the valve cover gasket .

The car have 55,000 and driving perfect and I like to take care of my things and I don't want that a small problem will get way worse, so I chose one of the shops and we agreed on those repairs (just replacing the gaskets+ changing the spark plugs).

2 days later they finished , I picked up the car and went home .
After 2 days I had some errands to do . After a short drive ( not even 20 miles !!) the car went in neutral gear and the engine stopped . I was able to park on the side of the road and tried to understand what's going on .

The car won't start. The steering wheel moved a little bit when I tried to start (not full range like it usually move up and down when you start the vehicle) only click noise from the engine , and I got message on the screen " ignition malfunction , do not turn off engine " but the engine was already off . everything else seems to work fine (idrive , radio , lights ).
Towed it back to the shop and I got a call today (they had the car for the weekend) and they said that they can't start the vehicle in any way and they don't know why !!!

I'll go to the shop today and check what is going on .(I'll share later what they said)

I'll be more then happy to hear any suggestions (mechanical and legal) what is the best approach for this situation .

I hope that the info that I posted will help you understand the situation , English is not my first language..

Thanks

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
If you’re in the US try www.bimrs.org to find a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers. If you’re not in the US, check with your country’s equivalent of the BMW Car Club of America for recommendations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts