BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is dedicated to Fastbob.

I have decided to replace my original 10 year old BMW battery. I verified with the original owner and he had never replaced it. The battery lived a long and fruitful life and never gave me a problem. The battery is survived by a brand new RACV heavy duty. RIP

· Registered
5,537 Posts
Mine made it 12 years kind of. What killed mine was leaving it discharged for 4 years :) I think it would still be fine now if I hadnt of done that.

Its replacement is an autozone D4 battery.

· XDriver
134 Posts
11 years on my original battery. Alternator died today about a mile from the local dealership. Had them replace alternator. They are saying the battery has a dead cell. Going to give it a try and if necessary replace. I figured I was living on borrowed time :)

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
11 years on my original battery. Alternator died today about a mile from the local dealership. Had them replace alternator. They are saying the battery has a dead cell. Going to give it a try and if necessary replace. I figured I was living on borrowed time :)
11 years on original battery! Time to move on...just replace with a new one and forget about it. Why take the risk?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.