BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the car wash and wax sold by BMW under their brand at my dealerswhen I got my new car. Seems to do a good job on my black 325xi. Have only tried the wash so far. Any opinions on the quality?

Anyone know who makes them for BMW?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I use BMW's car wash too. Pretty good stuff.

I assume the wax (I didn't know there was a BMW wax) is in reality Meguiar's stuff, given that some of the other stuff they sell is in reality Meguiar's... I may be wrong though...

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
I believe the wheel cleaner is made by the P21S guys.

And Alex is correct, most of the other products they sell are Meguiar's. They even stock some "Meguiar's" products :)

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
cwpa said:
I bought the car wash and wax sold by BMW under their brand at my dealerswhen I got my new car. Seems to do a good job on my black 325xi. Have only tried the wash so far. Any opinions on the quality?

Anyone know who makes them for BMW?
the wheel cleaner is amazing, also A LOT cheaper than P21S. i can even use my CCA discount! =)

im not sure if it's made by P21S... I also have P21S wheel cleaner, the gel kind, and they're not the same. I don't have the regular P21S wheel cleaner so maybe it's the same as that one.

--Andrew

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
I am not a fan of the BMW wheel cleaner, too caustic. It has potassium hydroxide in it.

I use Meguiar's Hot Rims wheel cleaner.

I do use the BMW wash and the convertible top cleaner and protectant. I like the older version where the protectant is a concentrate mixed with water, then applied iwth a sponge. Much easier to control than the spray types.

I think the convertible top cleaner and protectant, as well as the plastic window cleaner is Autosol brand, relabled. At least the containers look just like the similar Autosol products.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BMW leather cleaner/conditioner is great!

Used it to remove a spot this last week-end on light tan leather. Worked so well, I did all the seats. Easy on and off, no greasy feeling. No odor. Sponge cleaned up with water; box included gloves for the faint of heart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts