BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I might be back in time for this event. Woohoo!! I gathered that LA CCA cancelled the May 12 event right? Time to dust off my helmet and get ready to release my Golden Cone Award to someone more deserving.... :lmao: :p:lmao:

Hack? Kaz? C'mon! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: BMW CCA LA AutoX: June 9 at Irwindale! Yahh!

Ok, I have an excuse for that SanDiego blooper. One of my tires had a leak, which causes my car to be a bit on the non-drive-able side. There you go. :D

The worst thing is the timer had to announce over the loudspeaker how many cones I ate up.:mad: Ok, I learnt my lesson. Better to be slow than to eat cones. They might be orange, but they aren't delicious.:eek:

And June 9th, here I come! Vrrooom! :thumb:

nate328Ci said:

Oh, come on Vince! I think you can earn that award again! :lmao:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Re: Re: Re: BMW CCA LA AutoX: June 9 at Irwindale! Yahh!

VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Ok, I have an excuse for that SanDiego blooper. One of my tires had a leak, which causes my car to be a bit on the non-drive-able side. There you go. :D

The worst thing is the timer had to announce over the loudspeaker how many cones I ate up.:mad: Ok, I learnt my lesson. Better to be slow than to eat cones. They might be orange, but they aren't delicious.:eek:

And June 9th, here I come! Vrrooom! :thumb:

I only hit two cones on Sunday :angel:

Good luck in June. I'm somewhat exited abou the three night auto-x events this summer :bigpimp:

G

·
So what are the odds of Hack actually going out for one of these?

By the way, as I've mentioned before, it's odd for me to see the entire course set out in cones. Here's what our courses look like-

And, locally, everyone who conducts an autox (including the SCCA) sets up their courses similarly (with only gate cones not the entire course set out). I've decided that I like it as you get to determine your line on your own without having it spelled out for you.

Nate- How are the courses set up where you are? Just gates or cones mapping the entire course?

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

Nate- How are the courses set up where you are? Just gates or cones mapping the entire course?
The course is a little better defined than that, the turns are all very well marked here Houston. But, unlike out in LA, the strait sectinos don't have cones every two feet.

here is a course map from Sunday to give you an idea. Another location is at the Houston Police Academy on a defined course that I haven't been to...

http://www.lsrpca.com/PVBMW May 02.pdf

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey TD,

Well, HACK did mention about attending one of the AutoX events soon since he has *mod* out his car. ;) Will remind him again.

I remember you mentioned about the lack of cones in the course. Have you brought this problem to your CCA? :dunno:

TD said:

By the way, as I've mentioned before, it's odd for me to see the entire course set out in cones.Here's what our courses look like-

And, locally, everyone who conducts an autox (including the SCCA) sets up their courses similarly (with only gate cones not the entire course set out). I've decided that I like it as you get to determine your line on your own without having it spelled out for you.

G

·
nate328Ci said:

The course is a little better defined than that, the turns are all very well marked here Houston. But, unlike out in LA, the strait sectinos don't have cones every two feet.

here is a course map from Sunday to give you an idea. Another location is at the Houston Police Academy on a defined course that I haven't been to...

http://www.lsrpca.com/PVBMW May 02.pdf
That's still MANY more cones than our courses use.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
TD said:
:dunno:

Could use something to blow off some steam.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
I remember you mentioned about the lack of cones in the course. Have you brought this problem to your CCA? :dunno:
I run the same courses as TD. I don't see the lack of cones as a problem. I t makes it a little difficult to remember the course layout, but the flipside is that there are less cones to hit. Like TD mentioned, having such few cones lets you decide on your own lines, which could be a plus or minus depending :confused:

What bothers me most about that parking lot is the condition of the pavement.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
TD said:

TD, you should come out to an autoX at FedEx, they are using a lot more cones there than they do at Rosecroft.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aye, I see your point. :)

And yes, the condition of the pavement is a crucial factor too.

clyde325xiT said:

I run the same courses as TD. I don't see the lack of cones as a problem. I t makes it a little difficult to remember the course layout, but the flipside is that there are less cones to hit. Like TD mentioned, having such few cones lets you decide on your own lines, which could be a plus or minus depending :confused:

What bothers me most about that parking lot is the condition of the pavement.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Cool. I think I may stop by to check it out.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts