BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not currently a BMW CCA member, but was under the impression that I could join within 60 days of returning from my ED trip and still be eligible for the rebate after one year. Did I read this wrong?

I just went back and read the terms it and it seems you have to be a member for 1 year prior to getting the car in order to be eligible for the rebate.

Please help!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I'm not currently a BMW CCA member, but was under the impression that I could join within 60 days of returning from my ED trip and still be eligible for the rebate after one year. Did I read this wrong?

I just went back and read the terms it and it seems you have to be a member for 1 year prior to getting the car in order to be eligible for the rebate.

Please help!
Help with what? You read it right.

dj

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
You are not fully correct. There is no requirement to join within 60 days of returning from ED to be eligible. You can join and get a rebate regardless of when you take ED (or not). The 60 days relates to rebate submission, not eligibility.

The second part is correct. You are eligble for the rebate after 1 year of membership.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,440 Posts
You are not fully correct. There is no requirement to join within 60 days of returning from ED to be eligible. You can join and get a rebate regardless of when you take ED (or not). The 60 days relates to rebate submission, not eligibility.

The second part is correct. You are eligble for the rebate after 1 year of membership.
I think he thought he could join now, after his ED, and submit for the rebate a year from now for the car he just picked up.

The 2nd part is the correct part.... you must be a member in good standing for 1 year before your delivery date in order to be eligible for the rebate.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
And be careful not to let your membership lapse. If it does for even a day in the last year you will not be eligible. I signed up for automatic renewal to avoid this.

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
And before you think, I won't join now, since I just got a new car, life happens. You may end up wanting/needing to get a new car next year, so in your shoes, even though you aren't eligble for your current car, I'd join right away.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Plus a lot of dealers give 20% off on parts, so if you want to get winter mats or a trunk liner it can pay for itself.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Do you guys know if you are still eligible for a rebate even if due to long re-delivery it's been more than 60 days since the Munich delivery date?

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Do you guys know if you are still eligible for a rebate even if due to long re-delivery it's been more than 60 days since the Munich delivery date?
You can request the rebate before re-delivery.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
You can request the rebate before re-delivery.
I read it differently... It says that delivery needs to be completed entirely. Doesn't mean that you have to have re-delivery before you can submit for a rebate?

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
I read it differently... It says that delivery needs to be completed entirely. Doesn't mean that you have to have re-delivery before you can submit for a rebate?
I submitted the request right after returning from the ED trip and received the rebate weeks before the car was redelivered.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I submitted the request right after returning from the ED trip and received the rebate weeks before the car was redelivered.
Ok, maybe I messed up my rebate then... :(

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Plus a lot of dealers give 20% off on parts, so if you want to get winter mats or a trunk liner it can pay for itself.
Another great point of joining. I will save $75 off my clearshield I am having done next week. The shop gives 15% discount to BMW club members. That right there pays for almost 2 years worth not including the $500 check I got back after my ED.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Quick question,

I will be re-leasing a new BMW next year and I just join BMWCCA;today Aug 17.

Next year do I have to*sign the final paper (finance, tag) with the dealer after Aug 17 before heading to Welt or I just need to take delivery at Welt in person after Aug 17 before I;qualify for the BMWCCA rebate?

I assume I can order the ED car before Aug 17 of next year?

Thanks

Mo

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If you want 1000 semi informed guesses this is the place, but for definitive information you will need to contact BMWCCA for the specific answer to your question.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
What is the source of funds for the rebates?

When I joined the club last year I didn't know about these rebates. As I am planning to buy a new BMW for October delivery this comes as a pleasant surprise.

However, I am curious as to where the funds come from to pay out these rebates. Surely not from the members' dues. How could that be sufficient? Does BMW contribute anything?

·
Lifetime BMW CCA Member
186 Posts
When I joined the club last year I didn't know about these rebates. As I am planning to buy a new BMW for October delivery this comes as a pleasant surprise.

However, I am curious as to where the funds come from to pay out these rebates. Surely not from the members' dues. How could that be sufficient? Does BMW contribute anything?
The check is directly from BMW NA. Nothing to do with club funds nor does it come from the dealer. It's a loyalty thing that BMW NA extends to the CCA members. Best thing to do is to sign up for a LIFE membership and not worry about it. I've literally gotten THOUSANDS back from this program. It would be a serious disappointment to those who thought they would be getting a rebate check, only to find out that because they lapsed/forgot to renew the CCA membership that they were not eligible. Do the LIFE membership and never look back. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.