BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
'Verts are nice if you have a favorable climate.
They tend to squeak and rattle more though.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using BimmerApp.

· Registered
8,070 Posts
I've had my 330cic ten years now and still love it. It is much "tighter" then the e30 it replaced and has held up well, although it has lived a charmed life and only has 50k miles.

Drawbacks compared to a hard top version are:
- More wind noise than a hard top when the top is up.
- people with legs don't like to be in the back seat.
- Can't fold down the backseat which limits cargo carrying duties

I would highly recommend the wind blocker. Huge difference with it on / off and how much top down freeway driving you can stand.

On the squeaks and rattles, mine does not have any. I had one squeak when the car was under warranty, went to dealer, came back with the same squeak. I spent 30 minutes messing around with the back seat cushion and the squeak was gone and has not come back.

It's a great ride and the prices have really come down.

· Pure Natural BMW Muscle!
1,602 Posts
I've had my 330cic ten years now and still love it. It is much "tighter" then the e30 it replaced and has held up well, although it has lived a charmed life and only has 50k miles.

Drawbacks compared to a hard top version are:
- More wind noise than a hard top when the top is up.
- people with legs don't like to be in the back seat.
- Can't fold down the backseat which limits cargo carrying duties

I would highly recommend the wind blocker. Huge difference with it on / off and how much top down freeway driving you can stand.

On the squeaks and rattles, mine does not have any. I had one squeak when the car was under warranty, went to dealer, came back with the same squeak. I spent 30 minutes messing around with the back seat cushion and the squeak was gone and has not come back.

It's a great ride and the prices have really come down.
My soft top sqeaks like crazy over potholes...seems as if the windows are seaking when rubbing with the softtop

· Registered
8,070 Posts
My soft top sqeaks like crazy over potholes...seems as if the windows are seaking when rubbing with the softtop
Try this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004B8GTQG/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=14585527315&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1229010623672543312&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_j95w97bmf_b

BMW used to have their own version available from the dealer and I still have some of that. I apply every fall to all door, window, hood, trumk and convertible seals as well as channels for the glass on the convertible top.

· Pure Natural BMW Muscle!
1,602 Posts
Try this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004B8GTQG/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=14585527315&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1229010623672543312&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_j95w97bmf_b

BMW used to have their own version available from the dealer and I still have some of that. I apply every fall to all door, window, hood, trumk and convertible seals as well as channels for the glass on the convertible top.
I have the same thing but from autoglym...problem is its in a spray form...

· Registered
41 Posts
I just bought a coupe. I looked for quite a while and drove a lot. I was debating weather I wanted a convertible or a coupe. I drove both, in both the 325 and 330 models. I ended up buying a 325. I am very satisfied and happy with my decision. I think if i would've bought a convertible I would've had regrets. I live in Indiana, so the weather isn't that great majority of the year. I think there are less issues you have to worry about, and I noticed a difference performance and handling wise! Hope that helped!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.