BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2001 330ci and have noticed that if I try to drop the clutch to fast i get a fair amount of slippage. I recently found a "unlock valve" part on bavauto.com that claims BMW has a factory installed lock valve limiting the flow of hydraulic fluid through the clutch causing the slippage. This part claims to eliminate that problem. Has any one else heard about this or installed on of these parts? Does anyone have any positive or negative experience with a similar part?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,233 Posts
Type "CDV" into the search box....(or "CDVectomy")

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
Does anyone have any positive or negative experience with a similar part?
I have done the CDV (clutch delay valve) removal on a LOT of cars. It is a huge difference and makes the car a lot more driveable. That said, it probably won't fix your issue. Only a new clutch will.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The CDV is just a small section in your clutch hydraulic line with a narrow inner bore, designed to slightly dampen clutch take up. It's only about 1/2" long, with male threads at one end, female at the other. Removal is very easy and quick. Just clamp the line to prevent hydraulic fluid loss, unscrew the CDV, then screw the ends of the lines together. The "unlock" valve isn't necessary. It is just to make it look like the valve is still there, so you don't have warranty problems at the dealer. Since your car is long out of warranty, don't bother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts