BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so, I've left my BMW 330XI outside for a about a week and I have not used it once, I looked at it a little bit ago and it has frost on only the inside front windshield, not on the outside of the all windows, or inside on all windows, just the front windshield and I have no idea why. I know condensation can occur with some sort of liquid emitting from anywhere and I do have two water bottles in the front seat and it's definitely cold enough for liquid to freeze (16 F outside), would this be why (probably not, right?)? Could this be a major issue or is this just nothing? Thanks.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,312 Posts
Check the carpeting for wet spots, especially under the dash, and in both front & rear passenger areas.

·
Rambling Wreck
2,073 Posts
and I do have two water bottles in the front seat and it's definitely cold enough for liquid to freeze (16 F outside), would this be why (probably not, right?)
If you've ever seen what happens when you put a bottle of water in the freezer, you might want to check on those water bottles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok... Well, somehow the water isn't Frozen even though it's way past freezing temps. How is this relevant to me question? Please elaborate :).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi. I have just replaced my thermostat and that has cleared up my condensation problems. Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did the carpet get wet at all recently? I know it may feel dry on top but underneath its probably soaked if it was exposed to water at some point in like the last month

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
The insulation behind the door panels is what causes it normally if its not a heater core leaking. Mine has leak issues from the door panel insulation. Will be ordering new ones shortly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, if the carpet did get wet this past month, it HAD to havé Been Barely damp and I didnt notice because the WeatherTech is amazing.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Look closely for a small line of wetness at the front of the door sill inside the car running down to the floorboard. That's how I spotted mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts