Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 2016 328xi Sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My favorite feature of the BMW Connected App is to look up an address on the phone and send it to the car. The app lets you send an entire itinerary..a.k.a planned trip to multiple destinations. This saves me from having to enter the addresses manually in the car the hard way.

Anyway, this feature worked fine for me. Now it no longer works.

The App says command succeeded successfully but the mail never shows up in my messages in the car.

Using Android App.

• I tried re-installing the app.
  • My online login works fine.
  • Other features like remote lock/unlock and climate control work fine.
  • In car, tried the update BMW Assist option.
Any idea how to get this working again?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,480 Posts
... Any idea how to get this working again?
Find a way to further underwrite, i.e. ‘subscribe’ to BMW premium services.

Send To My Car was the first of my premium services to fail, and I struggled a bit with BMW’s Security Through Obscurity and then gave up.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
BMW 2016 328xi Sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still under orig warranty and inclusive maintenance. I don't think we need to pay for this feature. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got 4 years free and after that its a paid service.

·
Registered
BMW 2016 328xi Sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 4 years is not up yet tho.

Interesting. We need to pay for send to car feature? Seriously? How much is it? I don't care about the other gimmicks like spotify in BMW connect app. Only care about GPS and send addr to phone.

My phone has bluetooth so an I run tidal and spotify on phone...

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 4 years is not up yet tho.

Interesting. We need to pay for send to car feature? Seriously? How much is it? I don't care about the other gimmicks like spotify in BMW connect app. Only care about GPS and send addr to phone.

My phone has bluetooth so an I run tidal and spotify on phone...
My 2016 328 came with a 3 yr subscription of service that allowed me to do send to car address. I paid $200 I believe to renew for another two years.

Call connected drive services. Just a heads up the people there are not very knowledgeable about the product. I believe its the same group that handles their concierge services.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
My favorite feature of the BMW Connected App is to look up an address on the phone and send it to the car. The app lets you send an entire itinerary..a.k.a planned trip to multiple destinations. This saves me from having to enter the addresses manually in the car the hard way.

Anyway, this feature worked fine for me. Now it no longer works.

The App says command succeeded successfully but the mail never shows up in my messages in the car.

Using Android App.

• I tried re-installing the app.
  • My online login works fine.
  • Other features like remote lock/unlock and climate control work fine.
  • In car, tried the update BMW Assist option.

Any idea how to get this working again?
You will regain the ability to send addresses to the Nav system if you renew your subscription to Advance Real Time Traffic Information for $50 per year. There is no need to call BMW. You can subscribe to that service and others through the ConnectedDrive portal

·
Registered
BMW 2016 328xi Sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will regain the ability to send addresses to the Nav system if you renew your subscription to Advance Real Time Traffic Information for $50 per year. There is no need to call BMW. You can subscribe to that service and others through the ConnectedDrive portal
Oh my, that sounds too good to be true. Are you sure??? Even in Canada? I would totally pay $50/yr to have both.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,054 Posts
I just tried to send an address to the car yesterday and it never made it, even tho the app said it was successful.

·
Registered
BMW 2016 328xi Sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it says command was executed successfully but never makes it.

·
Registered
BMW 2016 328xi Sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
-LDV330i
I subscribed today for $75 Canadian dollars and I get the traffic updates but send to car still doesn't work.

This is what I have...

Subscribed until 29.09.2026.
MY CAR
Remote Services

Remote Services allow you to interact with your vehicle, even when you are away from it.
Details
Subscribed until 08.08.2021.
MY JOURNEY
Advanced Real Time Traffic Information (ARTTI)

With Advanced Real Time Traffic Information* you get precise information on current traffic conditions. Rush hour, roadwork or holiday delays ***8211; no matter how busy things are ***8211; your BMW knows the fastest route and will help you get there with time to spare.
Details
Subscribed until 29.09.2026.
More services
BMW ConnectedDrive Services Essential

Peace of mind. For any circumstance. BMW ConnectedDrive Services Essential provides you with safety and comfort services for the road ahead.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
You may want to contact the BMW ConnectedDrive services rep for further assistance at the phone number listed in the BMW ConnectedDrive App under More/Contact and About.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just contacted BMW for this very problem. When I told the rep that I expected BMW to contact me when the free period ended, like Sirius did, she told me that BMW would not do that. In the end I updated my subscription and it all works again.
m

·
Registered
387 Posts
BMW contacts you when your oil is due to be changed, BMW contacts you when your brake pads need changing, but they do not contact you when your subscription expires. NOoooooo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts