BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I moved to Europe (Germany) I can't find my vehicle position in BMW Connected App and can't send messages or use any of the remote services. Do I have to switch to German sim card or have to buy entire service again?

·
Registered
242 Posts
@Ou8thisSN, I would suggest to delete the app, then reinstall it again.
@rauan, I know one thing, EU app does not work in US, i assuming the same for USA app in EU. Remove US app and install the one from EU. If you are using iPhone you need to register with your european address in iTunes to get an app designed for Europe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I did, but then my vin code was not accepted by the european app.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wrote BMW in Germany, they asked me to send them my vin and then I got a call. I was told that I have a US market car (what a surprise) and it is not possible to use the app because my car has US sime card. I asked if I can just change the sim card, but the answer was no, it is not possible.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wrote BMW in Germany, they asked me to send them my vin and then I got a call. I was told that I have a US market car (what a surprise) and it is not possible to use the app because my car has US sime card. I asked if I can just change the sim card, but the answer was no, it is not possible.
That is what i though. GSM module in USA bound cars is sharpened to work with North American carriers. Interestingly... I am curious if it is possible to replace the whole module?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope it is possible to exchange the module or part of it to enable it for European network.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts