BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my stay at the BMW Performance Center this weekend for the Two-Day driving school I talked with a couple of guys who work at the New Jersey branch of BMW and they told me BMW will have diesel engines coming out in their vehicles in 2008. The first models that will go diesel will be the X5 and 5 series. Here's a picture of the 535d they drove down to the Performance Center. It was pretty sweet! :thumbup:

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Yes!

To sheers for BMW finally coming through with it's diesels! I can't wait till the broader line comes through!

Lots of torque BABY!:thumbup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
DallasBimmer said:
Wow, I wonder how much the 335D would go for.
probably close to the price of the 335i gas engine. I think you see about that ratio in Europe. I believe the 330i is close to the 330d.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Good Find and Suuuhweet!

·
European Car Fanatic
125 Posts
Finally !!

That's it ... this is my next car - 535d !! :thumbup:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
chuck92103 said:
I wonder if they will sell the car in all 50 states?:dunno:
Purves has stated several times on record they will only do cars that can be sold in all 50 states.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
The 535d has been part of BMW´s lineup in multiple markets since 2006 was introduced. The presence of a 535d does not indicate that particular model is coming to the U.S. I have seen multiple European spec BMWs at BWMs various facilities which are here for a variety of purposes.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
I really don't think BMW has a choice. The gas mileage is lagging way behind the competition.

If they have not annouced it yet, they soon will.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Great news!

THANK YOU BMW for keeping me out of the VW/MBZ Diesel market!!!! Well....let's hope this comes to pass.

EDIT: Is this the right place for this thread??

·
Registered
841 Posts
I would kill for a Bimmer Diesel. I just hope they don't a M-B/VW has been doing the last couple of years with their "45 state" models. [email protected]# California and their butt-backward laws. CA politician - LEt's allow 18 wheelers and the like with their heavily polluting engines, but we won't let them buy diesel cars. The trucking lobby and the big oil lobby must be happy!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
magbarn said:
I would kill for a Bimmer Diesel. I just hope they don't a M-B/VW has been doing the last couple of years with their "45 state" models. [email protected]# California and their butt-backward laws. CA politician - LEt's allow 18 wheelers and the like with their heavily polluting engines, but we won't let them buy diesel cars. The trucking lobby and the big oil lobby must be happy!
BMW has always stated that they won't sell diesels in the US unless they are 50 state compliant....so if and when they arrive they will be buyable and registerable in CA. as new cars.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Jspira said:
The 535d has been part of BMW´s lineup in multiple markets since 2006 was introduced. The presence of a 535d does not indicate that particular model is coming to the U.S. I have seen multiple European spec BMWs at BWMs various facilities which are here for a variety of purposes.
With NJ plates?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
adgrant said:
With NJ plates?
Ja, of course. That is where BMW NA is headquartered.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
EDIT: Is this the right place for this thread??
no, we were all caught up in the moment but it should be in General BMW

·
Registered
356 Posts
Performance is pretty good. 0-60 is 6.5sec. City-26mpg, Highway 45mpg Combined 35mpg. These stats are for a manual Msport 535 from the UK so I'm assuming that mpg and petrol grading etc. are similar

I hope and they probably will make this available with a manual transmission. I remember when VW introduced their Passat TDI in 2004 w/ auto only and that was very unfortunate.

the_fox said:
What kind of mpg does a 535d get? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.