BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

The Indiana chapter of the BMW Car Club had their annual drive last weekend -- the first for Jamila and me. 17 other people joined us as we drove through southern Indiana down to New Harmony, IN. They have restored a lot of the original buildings from the mid-1800s (see the description below).

Then we drove through Evansville, made several stops along the way (monastery, Dr. Ted's Musical Marvels Museum). Throughout all of it, we enjoyed twisty, winding back roads (with the occasional truck or tractor!), along with a few nice straight, open stretches! Overall, tons of fun and great chance to hang out with fellow bimmer fans!

Here are some pics, enjoy!! Kash

from http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/kade/newharmony/home.html
New Harmony is the site of two of America's great utopian communities. The first, Harmonie on the Wabash (1814-1824), was founded by the Harmony Society, a group of Separatists from the German Lutheran Church. In 1814, led by their charismatic leader Johann Georg Rapp, they left their first American home, Harmonie, PA. Indiana's lower Wabash Valley on the western frontier gave them the opportunity to acquire a much larger tract of land. In 1825, the Ha rmonists moved back to Pennsylvania and built the town of Economy near Pittsburgh. Robert Owen, Welsh-born industrialist and social philosopher, bought their Indiana town and the surrounding lands for his communitarian exper iment.

The Harmonists combined the Swabian work ethic ("Work, work, work! Save, save, save!") with the Benedictine rule ("Pray and work!"). This resulted in an unheard of economic achievement that was recognized as "the wonder of the west."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can video clips also be posted? I have a nice mpeg clip . . . Kash

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
kashrahman said:
more pics! Kash
It looks like a cool place to visit. Is that a 1 series up front? :dunno: I didn't know the 1 series was out in the US. I think it is a z3 which from far looks like a 1series.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts