Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been to a BMW sponsored event and I looked in BMWCCA and local club websites but can't find where it says you can only bring a BMW. I've gone to quattro events only because my driving buds both have Audis and now I'll try to convince them to join me if possible.

Thanks for any input.

T

·
0 Posts
2k2_xi said:
I've never been to a BMW sponsored event and I looked in BMWCCA and local club websites but can't find where it says you can only bring a BMW. I've gone to quattro events only because my driving buds both have Audis and now I'll try to convince them to join me if possible.

Thanks for any input.
There are a number of non-BMWs that participate in the NCC autox and track events. Granted 90+% of the non-BMWs are Porsches. But there is the occasional VW or Honda autox-ing with us.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
From the website of the local CCA chapter discussing the car control clinics they offer:

This is a BMW Club event for BMW drivers. If your BMW is in the shop or non-operational, substitutions are permitted. We encourage you to bring a BMW. Convertibles are allowed. All cars must have operating seatbelts. If there is a question about the appropriateness of your vehicle, please contact
I have yet to participate, so I can only go by their words and not from my personal experience.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
The way my CCA chapter works is that chapter members have first priority, then other chapters, then the general public. I saw lots of non-BMW's at VIR in July. Take this guy for instance:

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
LA Chapter sponsered events give preference to BMWs over other marques. I don't know if there is preference for member vs non-member or not. And I don't know about substitute cars if you're BMW is unable to make to the event.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies.

So I guess the rules may be different between 'local' clubs and between different events. I guess the next event I'd consider going, I'd just call them to find out the rules.

Chris330ci - I was in VIR (for the first time) in July also on a quattro event. Great experience, almost ruined by (Dinan moded) 5 series that flipped over. Scary sight.

DougDogs-Where in NJ do you guys hold you auto-x and rally events? I'm not much into it but I would love to watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts