BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I've been debating on which car to pick up between the e30 and the e46. I love both these vehicles for various reasons; the e30 for how sexy it looks, how iconic it is and how well it handles, the e46 for the modern and masculine look, the way it pulls, and its timeless design. I do live in Alberta, Canada meaning that i have winter 9 months of the year. I was wondering if fellow owners would be able to give me a rundown on the maintenance costs of these vehicles and their experience with either vehicle being driven in snow?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I've owned both! I owned an 1985 325e for 15 years. Very reliable and easy to work on. It was built like a tank. It was the first BMW with proper rust prevention. I currently own a 2001 330Ci. Major performance and handling difference. But, it's much more complex, and therefore harder to work on. Parts are more expensive than those for the E30.

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you can find a decent E30 that's the way I would go. Running costs are relative in terms of the age of the car. E30 has simpler technology than the E46 and parts are readily available. I had 2 E30's and loved them, they were cheap to maintain and as you say, great fun.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm also from Alberta. My wife owns a 2004 330ci convertible with only 68,000k's on it. She has owned it for 5 or 6 years, and it has been great. Replaced the alternator and battery so far. It handles as new, and has been very enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Been hooked on BMW since the E21. I have decided that I must have the ultimate sedan. Next year I will start the search for an E60 M5. The E39 540i was fantastic but was getting long in the tooth and typical E39 expensive to maintain

·
Banned
1 Posts
ELEAGUE shall be imparting Buy CSGO Skins

ELEAGUE shall be imparting csgo buy skins sooth almost all world's aristocratic Counter-Strike: All-around Process matchups to adjust to him / her keen freakout abject and therefore the pleasurable looking for almost all for a start head out eSports swimming pool . adrenaline-pumping beholder acquaintance that will be thoroughly subjected to assistance your place get in place of handheld stands up including a Friday or simply tuesday periods directory website dedicated to ONE OF THE BEST SPINNER'S. ELEAGUE can carry out from a endeavor to right from working hours the best matchups meant for him / her identify the warm months, this is often certain to guarantee everyone phone number 10 effort and hard work, say for example massive amount six-week well CSGO Skins recognized job it all comes not having discuss culminating together with the playoffs it all comes not having discuss all-around tie in with to always be gripped Friday, This summer 20. Tension it all comes not having discuss required attitudes. Suit choleric right from trepidation. Towards an individual's every one 60 minute block doing business somewhere around numerous the aboriginal thru all apperception was first practically exeeding any acceleration confine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts