Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Novice BMW Enthusiast
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... And when I say occasionally, I mean its worked 4 times in the last 4 months.

I have the separate key fob with the 3 buttons (Lock/Unlock, Double Lock, and Panic), and when I first got the car it would not work. The light would light up but the car wouldn't do anything. One odd thing was that the keyless entry module plastic case was bent, like it had warped in heat. (This car came from california, so maybe thats why?). Anyways, I was able to program the remote, and the keyless entry system worked... for about five minutes.

After that, they remote has worked about three other times, all for various amounts of time (one day I got it to work for a couple hours). The last time this worked was yesterday morning, on the way to school. The keyhole was frozen over so I said "what the h*ll" and to my surprise it actually unlocked! It locked and double locked a few minutes later when I got to school. Unfortunately, it stopped working again once I finished with classes for the day.

Any ideas how to fix this? Do i need a new module?

·
Novice BMW Enthusiast
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Ever since I posted this, it has been working, even in the cold recently.

Guess it read this post and got it's s**t together :dunno:

Does the keyless entry system temporarily disable itself if you use your key in the door or trunk? Maybe thats why I was having issues...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts