mine went bad at it caused my windows to not function, gauges to get messed up, door locks not functioning.
It just overcharges the battery sending too many volts/amps to it.
I let it go too long with out getting replaced and it blew the wet cell caps off of my battery, it sounded like a gun went off in my backseat. I think I got off easy, it could have been a fire really easily.
A forum community dedicated to BMW owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Bimmerfest events, production numbers, programming, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Bringing the BMW community together.