BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new to this forum, but have used threads from it before to help me. But this time i could find nothing to help me. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

When i start the car it seems to run fine. But as soon as i rev the engine at low revs, the dashboard lights up like a christmas tree, then all the dash lights go out, the temperature gauge and the fuel gauge also drop to the minnimum point. After that if i stop reving the car it will die. At first i thought it was the ecu getting damp, so i removed the ecu, dried out the compartment where it is kept and replaced everything, but this did not seem to do anything at all.
I am completely confused by this and was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or has any advice. :dunno:

Thanks for any advice.

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Your alternator is dying. Get it and your battery tested. Free at most auto parts stores.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that jonesin :)
Because i am unable to drive the car anywhere because it dies when i try to drive it, can i test them myself? I have a battery tester and a multimeter. So, as long as the alternator is putting out around 14.7 volts it ok right? And the battery tester will tell me if the battery is ok, if its not, i shall buy a new one.

Thanks again for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts