BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
Joined
·
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one here? I just bought one, and it seems to be stretched rather tight, but we double checked the part number and it shows up in the system as being correct for the wagon. I have one in my M5 and it's got more room under it for storing stuff, so that's why I was concerned.
 

·
Fas kine Touring, Brah!
Joined
·
259 Posts
I purchased mine from the Bavarian Auto catalog and from what I remember it also fits an X5. It fits great and not too snugly for it not to hold cargo underneath.
 

·
wrencher
Joined
·
150 Posts
Redshift said:
Does anyone have one here? I just bought one, and it seems to be stretched rather tight, but we double checked the part number and it shows up in the system as being correct for the wagon. I have one in my M5 and it's got more room under it for storing stuff, so that's why I was concerned.
Curious. Do you think the M5 cargo net would work in the touring (i.e. have you ever test fit it ?)
 

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
Joined
·
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
318daily said:
Curious. Do you think the M5 cargo net would work in the touring (i.e. have you ever test fit it ?)
No, because the cargo area is smaller in the M5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
i was going to buy a cargo net for my touring, but couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for a net (considering we got one for our Jetta for <$40). does anyone know of an aftermarket cargo net that fits the E39 touring?
 

·
Fibrenew Guy in Raleigh
Joined
·
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jpettit said:
i was going to buy a cargo net for my touring, but couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for a net (considering we got one for our Jetta for <$40). does anyone know of an aftermarket cargo net that fits the E39 touring?
I worked a deal with my dealer but yea, it's not cheap. I looked for a universal for a bit but am going on a trip soon and didn't have much more time to locate it. If you find it let me know.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top