1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Marwan Be
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
284 Posts
From your previous post re the instrument panel your car is a 1999 build.
The sensor mentioned above is for cars built up to 8/1998 and if your car has a "BMW build date" later than this, the sensor is the wrong one for your car.
Cars built up to 8/1998 used an inductive device ABS sensor and it has a black or grey connector plug - not sure what colour.
Cars built from 9/1998 used a Hall effect ABS sensor which has a blue connector plug.
The BMW build date should be on a label attached to the LH front strut tower or inner guard panel.
It is best to use only genuine BMW or OEM Siemens brand sensors for the ABS system. (Siemens make the originals for BMW)
Many of those who have used non genuine or non OEM sensors have found they don't work properly, if at all.
Brakes are not something you compromise on.
Unbranded parts are of uncertain origin and you may be wasting your money.

See No 24 here:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...995_E39_BMW_525tds&diagId=33_0519#34526756376

The E39 525 diesel models where never sold in USA or Australia so I can't help with the MAF.

You do really need to have diagnostic software for these cars as replacing parts without knowing what the actual problem is is a one way street to financial ruin. The old school approach doesn't work anymore.

Hope this helps
RonR
99 528iT M52TU 5HP19 RHD Euro spec

·
Marwan Be
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From your previous post re the instrument panel your car is a 1999 build.
The sensor mentioned above is for cars built up to 8/1998 and if your car has a "BMW build date" later than this, the sensor is the wrong one for your car.
Cars built up to 8/1998 used an inductive device ABS sensor and it has a black or grey connector plug - not sure what colour.
Cars built from 9/1998 used a Hall effect ABS sensor which has a blue connector plug.
The BMW build date should be on a label attached to the LH front strut tower or inner guard panel.
It is best to use only genuine BMW or OEM Siemens brand sensors for the ABS system. (Siemens make the originals for BMW)
Many of those who have used non genuine or non OEM sensors have found they don't work properly, if at all.
Brakes are not something you compromise on.
Unbranded parts are of uncertain origin and you may be wasting your money.

See No 24 here:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...995_E39_BMW_525tds&diagId=33_0519#34526756376

The E39 525 diesel models where never sold in USA or Australia so I can't help with the MAF.

You do really need to have diagnostic software for these cars as replacing parts without knowing what the actual problem is is a one way street to financial ruin. The old school approach doesn't work anymore.

Hope this helps
RonR
99 528iT M52TU 5HP19 RHD Euro spec
in the papers the car is from 1999 but last days i try the VIN decoder to find that the car is 1996 model but first use was in 1999 i brought the blue sensors but doesn't work for me that why i will buy the old sensor.

i did the diagnostic and find the problem in the MAF that why i'm going to buy new one.
thanks for your attention and reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts