BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW E46 323Ci Convertible
Hey idk if it's good place for this topic if no - sorry
I'm here just few months (it means in America) so I wanted to ask - do you know guy's somebody or some tune garage who can plug in / install turbo kit in my car ? Engine is in excellent condition, I know that I need better brakes, clutch, fuel pump and more things, I just want to ask if you know somebody in New Jersey / New York (except DINAN) who can do it ?
I know that somebody tell me now "sell this car and buy M3" yeah I thought about this but I already spend a lot of money for this car I like this car and I don't want to sell I just need more HP
Thanks a lot for every answer

·
Registered
191 Posts
My two cents: the money you are gonna spend to turbocharge your car plus the required upgrades (brakes, suspension, exhaust, tires etc) will take you from 175hp to well under 300 (unless you want to really pressure the engine and sooner or later break it), are much more than trade your car in for an M3 or a 335.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm almost everybody said that when I asking about turbo so maybe serious this is the best way ...
Anyway thanks for answer

·
Registered
191 Posts
I hope whoever you asked about turbo, has explained to you the cost (to get it done right and not cheap bs that will get you spending money every week), the gains and the risk...It totally does NOT add up to go turbo. A compressor kit maybe but I still think an M or 335 is the way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I wanted to talk with somebody who can do it and ask about prices and everything
I know maybe I'm stupid crazy or what ever, M3 is my dream car but changing E46 323Ci for M3 E46 idk if it's good idea better M3 E92 but then of course more money
I don't like compressor so definitely no
Maybe I just want too much right now hehe and I should wait for this moment when I can buy M3 E92
Thanks again and I think you right it's a little bit to small engine for turbo then all the time check engine some problems
I have to be patient and wait for M3 and that's it hehe, thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Engine is not small...the money you ll spend for the gains is too much. Also you can get m3 E46 or 335. Both great cars and both offer hp your engine wont get from turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts