BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just bought a 323ci convertible 1999 v reg BMW. The convertible hood seems to be nackered, When I press the button to open the hood it only opens about 10cm and then just stops and stays there I can then just close it, Please help I dont know where to even look, thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you're standing in front of the car, look through the kidney grill on your right. There's a arm that should extend out when you open the hood. You need to pull that to open the hood the rest of the way. Maybe yours is getting stuck on something and doesn't pop out all the way.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
If you're standing in front of the car, look through the kidney grill on your right. There's a arm that should extend out when you open the hood. You need to pull that to open the hood the rest of the way. Maybe yours is getting stuck on something and doesn't pop out all the way.
He's talking about the top.....they calll it the "hood" on the other side of the pond....

OP: Are you holding the button down? You need to keep the button pressed until the top finish dropping. Is the red LED staying on?
There's an emergency open procedure stated in the manual, there's a special tool/crank the should have come with the car to get it open and that way you can see if all the mechanics work. If not you'll need to see if all the hall sensors are conected. Let me look for a document that will help diagnosing....

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
That's the bonnet!

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Water leaking in from top at windshield area....

Anybody know how or IF there is a way to adjust the tension on the convertible top where it meets the windshield seam ? I'm getting a little residual water dripping in after a heavy rain when the car is parked overnight. I think there is a way to bring more pressure on the sealing seam but I'm not sure how to do it. The car just started doing this in the last six months. It's an '03 330Ci if that matters. Thanks for any help.

- Mike

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
This thread is from September......:eeps:

Take it back, we don't want it. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.