BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a BMW E46 M3 strutbrace today. The four nuts that hold the cross bar to the strut caps were not included. They are not listed on the parts info either. Looks like the stock E36 strut nuts would work fine here. Paul McLaughlin South Motors BMW is checking on this. He has the braces in stock.
Anyone in the CT area that wants to see if it fits the E46 M3 or non M3 E46 can stop over and see.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nuts and things

Retail price in the pic I posted, is the BMW suggested retail price. Many dealers inflate the suggested retail pricing. I know a few dealers that discount from suggested retail pricing. Paul at South Motors discounts 25%. Circle BMW 20% and P&W in PA 15%. There is a dealer in CA that does 30%.
Net price in the pic is what the dealer pays for the item.
The E46 brace will not fit the E36 or E36/7/8 cars. The strut cap bolt pattern is different and the cross bar is too long.
As far as the nuts for the cross bar goes, I would use the E36 strut cap locking nuts. They match the cap nuts and fully contact the top of the cross bar.

You could also use the E46 strut cap nuts. The added flange diameter does nothing since it doesn't fully contact the top of the cross bar which curves down on the sides.

I found a cover for the strut cap nuts. Looks OK. I would dry film coat in black the strut cap nuts or live with the silver.

This pic shows the two above nuts along with the nut cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.