BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Does anybody know if his strut will fit an E46 sedan?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Any idea on torque specs for the fasteners involved ? I just installed one on my E46 325i and I used 18 ft/lb for the strut top nuts and 24 ft/lb for the bar-to-bracket nuts (using E46 strut top nuts for these).

Bentley's says 18 ft/lb for 18mm flange nuts & 25 ft/lb for 21mm flange nuts...the new longer strut nut has an 18mm flange & the standard nuts are 21mm so I went with that for starters.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
So do the strut hat pieces fit the M coupe? Is it possible to maybe cut and weld and make the center bar fit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
E46 M3 Cab. Strut Brace

The documentation I received with my OEM strut brace indicated to use much of the existing hardware. I remember initially thinking that some bolts were missing. It took 15 minutes to install; a piece of cake. One bolt, however, needed encouragement. By the way, I somehow ended up with about a dozen of those plastic caps that I don't need. If anyone is interested, they're yours for a handshake.

[email protected] [/COLOR]

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Will you guys quit it with the political crap?

The only reason I don't nuke this thread is there is good info in it. Nothing constructive has been added.

This thread is closed.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.