BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW E60 navigation Upgrade

7367 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Retrofit
Hi,
If I am duplicating any "happy ending" previous Thread, please refer / point me to that Thread.

Project Scope:
Upgrade the Current M-ASK , 6.5" on board monitor to the CCC Navigation pro version with the 8.8" on Board Monitor.

What I have:
VIN: CB86255
BMW E60 525xi
iDrive, 6.5" On Board Monitor, M-ASK, BT,....etc

Research:
I looked up 2 paths:
A-Purchase a retrofit Kit ( $5000+ ) PN# 65900397300 & 65900413216.
B-Purchase parts one by one depending on ETK V12 and realoem.com

Preparation:
-CCC PN# 65839123088
-8.8" on Board Monitor PN#65829193757
-CCC Fan harness / cable.
-Navigation MIC and cable.
-After market GPS Antenna with the blue connector cable.
-DASHBOARD COVER PN#51456951026
-Coding using BMW SSS Progman V39 and DIS V57 GT1 OPS.
-Navigation retrofit kit Installation instructions SA 609 (Attached), will need cables A & E and follow steps in pages : 11, 13, 15 & 16.

Now, Any feedback, comment, Suggestion is highly appreciated.

My Questions:
-Did any one went through similar project?

-Any one can tell me what is the PN# of the fan Cable / harness ( E cable) and the navigation MIC cable ( A cable )

-Any one want to sell any of the retrofit kits mentions above with "reasonable price" ? let me know, I will buy.

I did read several threads but with "no happy ending" mostly they miss the fan cable, navigation MIC and coding part.

Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Wow, sounds like a great and intense project. Definitely keep us updated on the progress as I would like to see how this works out for you.
I've thought about doing this but heard that the CCC is ridiculously slow compared to the MASK, that and I figure if I upgrade I would want all the new and fancy bells and whistles. I was quoted about $3500 for my setup, but that was from the group buy going on at another board, this way should be significantly cheaper though. Good luck on your project and you can always check on ebay and craigslist for things.
Will do for sure, Thanks for the feedback DaIceCreaMan.
Wow, sounds like a great and intense project. Definitely keep us updated on the progress as I would like to see how this works out for you.
I hope it's gonna be cheaper too, Craigslist is a great idea that I didn't think about, I always go KSL for local stuff, if you recall who Quoted you that would really help.
Thanks for the feedback etnav382.
I've thought about doing this but heard that the CCC is ridiculously slow compared to the MASK, that and I figure if I upgrade I would want all the new and fancy bells and whistles. I was quoted about $3500 for my setup, but that was from the group buy going on at another board, this way should be significantly cheaper though. Good luck on your project and you can always check on ebay and craigslist for things.
http://forums.5series.net/topic/122...29818__hl__spring__fromsearch__1#entry1429818
There was/is(?) a group buy going on and this was for my particular car yours might be slightly more or less, depending on what you have now and what you want to upgrade to.
There are 2 website advertised in that thread who still sells CIC retrofits ( price wasn't bad at all), I send them both a request of purchase with what I have, the good news is they are aware if the car didn't come with navigation that would require additional parts.
Thanks for the heads up...!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.