Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! everyone, i have a 2007 E60 525xi and im having water leak problem. I found water under the rear seat and behind the driver and passenger seats, i looked on the sunroof tracks and i dont see water accumulated there, i pad the roof liner and is not wet at all.. does anyone have any info on how to tackle this problem? Please and Thank you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you checked the drains for the sunroof? U might not have water accumulating in the tracks because it’s obviously draining down into the floor. The drains are located in the rear, remove the tires and the splash guard and you will see them. There is also good DIY videos on what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
365 Posts
As serrg mentioned, the first thing to remember is water follows the path of least resistance and collects at the lowest point it can follow. By the time you check various upper reaches it's highly likely they'll be dry to the touch. The roof-facing part of the headliner is actually a pretty water resistant material, which doesn't soak up water at all.

Check the bottoms of the drain hoses to ensure they're not all gunked up. Mine were clogged up, causing the hoses to fill, and water to eventually pool enough to spill over the channels onto the headliner, then follow to the lowest point, which in my case was the battery compartment and spare tire well. I caught it early enough where the surrounding lower trim panels were still wet to the touch, but the headliner etc, was completely dry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you checked the drains for the sunroof? U might not have water accumulating in the tracks because it’s obviously draining down into the floor. The drains are located in the rear, remove the tires and the splash guard and you will see them. There is also good DIY videos on what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Thanks so much i will take a look at it soon..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As serrg mentioned, the first thing to remember is water follows the path of least resistance and collects at the lowest point it can follow. By the time you check various upper reaches it's highly likely they'll be dry to the touch. The roof-facing part of the headliner is actually a pretty water resistant material, which doesn't soak up water at all.

Check the bottoms of the drain hoses to ensure they're not all gunked up. Mine were clogged up, causing the hoses to fill, and water to eventually pool enough to spill over the channels onto the headliner, then follow to the lowest point, which in my case was the battery compartment and spare tire well. I caught it early enough where the surrounding lower trim panels were still wet to the touch, but the headliner etc, was completely dry.
Thsnks for the tip.. i will definitely look out for that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts