BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am going to attempt to install a parrot mki9100 bluetooth system in my car, but on the manual it does state that it will require a permant and ignition live to work.

So my question is is there anybody here who could help me locate these and where best to root?

I'm guessing the cigarette lighter is ignition live as it only comes on once I have started the vehicle.

Cheers Guys.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Wiring diagrams and parts locations can be found here - http://www.bmw-planet.net/diagrams/release/us/e60e61/index.htm

Design of power control changed in September 2005, so you'll need to know the month & year your E61 was made to know which diagrams to look at. Older cars had the MPM (micro power module) at the rear of the car; on newer builds that function moved into the KGM (Body gateway module) so the MPM went away.

Terminal 15 is switched (ignition live). Terminal 15 powers the front lighter socket from rear fuse 87; rear socket is from rear fuse 88.

Terminal 30 (and all things coming from it) is on all the time. Some terminal 30 loads can be deactivated if the car senses too much power draw when the car is supposed to be asleep - that might be a safer place to hook up your Permanent power. On the newer KGM cars, front fuses F34-F41 are on this controlled Term30 bus. These power most of the dashboard stuff - stereo, navigation, CD changer, DVD, etc. So if the car detects excessive battery drain, it shuts off these non-essential loads, to save battery charge for your next start.

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,715 Posts
On my 2006 E60, I'm pretty sure the flashlight (torch) socket is always powered.

Put a Parrot 3100 in my daughters car. Rock solid and very fast to take over and release the phone once you get in and out of the car.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I was thinking about that, but then I saw this "US / Not US" note on the WDS, and since he's Not US, I didn't mention it. Strange things they do on these cars, based on market. First no trunk release button, now this...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts