BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I use a couple of iPhone (and I guess Android available) navigation apps. In order of preference:
  1. Magic Earth: good, excellent maps, but (according to developer) requires bluetooth A2DP profile to use the in-car audio.
  2. Waze: good, has speed cameras, but not that fond of the maps/interface and uses in-car audio.
  3. Google Maps: fine, but doesn't have speed cameras, and uses in-car audio.
So with both Google and Waze I get the audio through the car speakers and it interrupts the radio. I am assuming this is the same sort of processing as a with a phone call, ie. it mutes the radio to allow its own audio to be heard.

Using the BMW VIN decoder the production date of my X3 is 2009-04-23. According to the Compliance plate on the vehicle it is Aug 2009, go figure.

My question is simple, does my vehicle have Bluetooth with A2DP profile? If not immediately obvious, how can I find out (other than Magic Earth audio doesn't work)?

Thanx in advanx....

Kevin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A2DP was never available. The connection to the radio is mono. HFP and PBAP are supported.
Hey thanks. I know sweet FA about this stuff. The vendor of that product said you need A2DP so the answer is simple, not going to happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts