BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contrary to what I have read in statements from BMW thus far, it seems both Euro5 and Euro6 diesels will be getting a NOx emissions software upgrade shortly: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...ree-on-emissions-software-update-for-53m-cars

I have just purchased a 2014 (Euro6) BMW 525d Touring. Is there any way of finding out if and when such an update will be issued? Will it be legally mandatory to install it during service?

I wonder where and how to find out if said update will cause problems, and which cars will be affected?

Best,
Kenneth

·
Registered
379 Posts
They can't do the update unless you take it into BMW, so my advise would be don't take it in unless you need to, and if it had to go in leave explicit instructions with the service manager that the upgrade should not be done, and leave a huge note on the steering wheel saying the same.

I certainly won't be accepting any upgrades until I'm absolutely sure that nothing detrimental by way of performance, refinement or economy will result. Meanwhile, I'll wait and watch and let others be the guinea pigs before making a final decision.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Extract from the Auto Express article dated 24.7.17

BMW currently sees no reason to issue a voluntary recall for diesel cars fitted with Euro 6 compliant engines, but the firm has committed to an optional software upgrade for Euro 5 diesel cars at no cost to customers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts