BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a non CPO 2015 750i with 16K mileage and looking for an extended warranty. BMW dealership offering Platinum BMW warranty for $6,700 3 additional years over factory to 100K. Same policy though GWC $3,912 with all bells and whistles (Twin Turbo, luxury package). Concerned over the big difference in price. Thoughts? Any success with other companies? Any to stay away from? I appreciate all ideas suggestions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the 3 year CPO warranty that came with my car but I've read several post and it seems a lot of people here have had good success with aftermarket warranties. They would have to tell which companies they are using.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Endurance covered my 2009 750i then at 71k miles for $4100 (back in Nov 2016), good for 5 years or 171k miles, $12k max payout.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Endurance covered my 2009 750i then at 71k miles for $4100 (back in Nov 2016), good for 5 years or 171k miles, $12k max payout.
Are there higher payout limits offered if you so choose for a higher premium ?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Super Moderator
1,072 Posts
I had EasyCare, it was a stated exclusion warranty (they covered everything but some parts listed, but they barely had anything listed, I think it was a full bumper to bumper really), no max (but that might have changed by now), was around $5300 for up to 100k and I think 3 additional years. And that included a wheel/tire package (which alone paid out $2500--lots of cracked rims!).

A 12k max payout, if you're planning on keeping it to the high 100s, wouldn't cover all that's going to go wrong with these cars though. The BMW/CPO warranty isn't what it used to be (which is a shame). I'd definitely look at aftermarket. In fact, when I bought mine, the dealer didn't ever consider it an option (to CPO it) and just steered me right to an after market (which I'm glad the did).

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I have Easycare and they cover a lot. Everything you see below is covered as long as you have the total care.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts