BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
very nice. what is the first pic about. you testing something or do you need to maintain some kind of neg/pos charge to circuit? just wondering. i want to do a LCI upgrade too but not LED, not that i wouldn't mind the LED but little too much $ for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very nice. what is the first pic about. you testing something or do you need to maintain some kind of neg/pos charge to circuit? just wondering. i want to do a LCI upgrade too but not LED, not that i wouldn't mind the LED but little too much $ for me.
I think the LCI would cost the same amount, may be a little less, since have to replace headlight, headlight module, new module and repin.

If you go for LCI, i think customize your current headlight is better idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks great. Would you mind providing a few details... parts/module list... steps... programming?
You need to get LED headlight, headlight module, new central gateway with optic (if your car is CIC), new footwell module (LCI one), repin on headlight connector, central gateway connector, footwell connector and make one new wire for headlight. After then, using Esys to VO code new option to headlight module. Using Ista D with ICOM to taught in new LED headlight, re-program for new central gateway to get Flexray working back, after then using Esys (External Application) to clear all store error. Done. ***128077;***127995;***128077;***127995;***128077;***127995;

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I also replaced all new interior (from all black to two-tone black-white color)

M5 Steering Wheel (tri-color) and 6WB retrofited 2 years ago.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hoangpham, are you in So Cal? Is there a specific shop you worked with for the headlight retrofit or did you do the work yourself? Very interested in the retrofit but I wouldn't be able to do it myself.

Also, what year is your car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hoangpham, are you in So Cal? Is there a specific shop you worked with for the headlight retrofit or did you do the work yourself? Very interested in the retrofit but I wouldn't be able to do it myself.

Also, what year is your car?
Hi, im in SoCal too, my car is 2011. Im make the wiring / repin mapping and My friends did the wiring for me, after then i can code and programing by myself. If you want, i can make it for you and show you where youcan get the headlight for good pricing (used with good condition). Feel free to msg me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
good job

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The first pic is im checking the pin direction from headlight to frm and zgw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking for this kind of thread for long time. Very nice job! Dep qua!!!

Can I ask you some questions? I really want to upgrade my headlights

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
WOW Nice man.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts