Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can someone please help me clear out a few questions i got? I picked up a sport/comfort switch unit from a scrapyard for 30 bucks.

I know i need to code it in e-sys but my question is do i need to add wires to my car. i only got PDC and Tractioncontrol button.

Here is a photo so you can see what i got.

Do i need to connect new wires into the ICM or something like that or does it work with the pin it got. i only want to be able to chose sport+ mode and change to comfort. I dont have active dampers or m spring just normal springs.

Sorry if it is a bit messy fitting electronics is not my thing.

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Hello can someone please help me clear out a few questions i got? I picked up a sport/comfort switch unit from a scrapyard for 30 bucks.

I know i need to code it in e-sys but my question is do i need to add wires to my car. i only got PDC and Tractioncontrol button.

Do i need to connect new wires into the ICM or something like that or does it work with the pin it got. i only want to be able to chose sport+ mode and change to comfort. I dont have active dampers or m spring just normal springs.

Perhaps this link will shed some light: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...pension/integrated-chassis-management/Xs8xHHp

Once you go to the site...you can input the last 7 digits of your VIN (go back to the HOME link at the top of the page) then type words or phrases about dynamic driving control and ICM (integrated chassis management). Or look through information if you go to CHASSIS and SUSPENSION to get an understanding of how all the components that are integrated into the COMFORT, COMFORT+, SPORT switch.

It appears you need more than add a $30 switch and a wire...it looks like its a lot of integrated control modules and components that communicate with each other.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
946 Posts

Here is a guide for the retrofit. It does require adding a couple of wires, and coding to make work. I did this retrofit several years ago. Not hard, but you do need to comfortable tearing your car apart and comfortable with coding.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685869&highlight=dec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts