Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm a BMW fanatic and I'm here looking for some advice. I have money issues. My goal in terms of transportation is to get a BMW 3 or 5 series (no M's) for 3k or less with a manual transmission. I'm looking for something between 150-200k miles and around the year 2000 or so. My question is, is this realistic to get something decent as I don't need to drive to much, or is this simply a stupid idea that will just end up being a money pit and I should just swallow my pride and get a Honda Civic...

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,117 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

You will be looking for a late E36 (3 Series) an early E46 (3 Series), or a mid production E39 (5 Series). To be completely honest, buying a nearly 20 year old BMW with 150-200k miles, it IS going to be a money pit unless come across one that has been exceptionally well cared for, with all maintenance records and everything up to date. The price for that unicorn will probably be commensurate with the condition. The old but true adage, you get what you pay for. Good luck with your search!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts