Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this email from BMW.
Anyone know what this is all about? Does that mean we dont get a loaner from now on when coming in for an oil change and need to sit there waiting? Hope not.

INTRODUCING BMW FASTSERVICE.®
EXPERT SERVICE IN AN HOUR OR LESS.
Our race experience. Your personal pit crew. BMW FastService is designed to make quick work of needs such as oil service, brake pad changes, and tire replacement. Dedicated work bays manned by BMW Trained Technicians. 100% Original BMW Parts. Our racing heritage meets your need for speed. We’re so confident in our abilities that you’ll receive 20% off your scheduled service if the time to complete it exceeds one hour. To learn more or schedule an appointment, visit your local participating BMW Center.

THE FASTSERVICE MENU:

Oil Service
Air Filter and Microfilter Check and Replacement
Front and Rear Brake Pad Change
Halogen Light Bulb Replacement (Non-Xenon, Non-Laser)
Individual Tire Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement
Brake Fluid Flush
Have a few extra minutes? Enjoy a complimentary post-service car wash as our courtesy to you.*

·
former motorcycle rider
766 Posts
I'd prefer to have my oil change done within an hour than to make two trips there to have it done, just to drive some stripper 3 series for a day.

·
Registered
387 Posts
When I got this, I thought more of the negatives that this would bring.
Forgotten to tighten parts, missed something, or not giving the car a good "look-see"
Guess I'm more of a pessimist than on optimist.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd prefer to have my oil change done within an hour than to make two trips there to have it done, just to drive some stripper 3 series for a day.
i prefer to drop the car off and be on my way. I also like having a choice.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I got this, I thought more of the negatives that this would bring.
Forgotten to tighten parts, missed something, or not giving the car a good "look-see"
Guess I'm more of a pessimist than on optimist.
exactly my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
BMW quicki-lube

man, if they can't replace a halogen light bulb in under an hour, something is really wrong.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
This looks like an expansion of value services, which have cheaper prices than local indies.

One-hour brake pad job can be interesting, esp. now BMW refinishes rotors using expensive in-place rotor lathes, so a brake job can drop a lot from $1000 to, say, $300? :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
This looks like an expansion of value services, which have cheaper prices than local indies.

One-hour brake pad job can be interesting, esp. now BMW refinishes rotors using expensive in-place rotor lathes, so a brake job can drop a lot from $1000 to, say, $300? :)
don't think that the rotor treatment is included or a quicki lube service option, since it says just pads.

·
False Enthusiast
1,669 Posts
My car was due for a brake fluid change, so we scheduled it to coincide with picking up mrs. jummo's new X1.

When they were done with my car car the paperwork specified "fast service".
And they changed the oil, wiper blades and the microfilter, etc. even though it wasn't due for 2,000 more miles and I won't even have the car at that point.

At first I thought perhaps it was because we live 180 miles away and they were saving me a trip or because we were picking up another car.

Apparently not, and the best part is I didn't even have to say "the wipers are streaking".

No complaints so far and I gave all 10's since the experience was "completely extraordinary" or " life transforming" or whatever nonsensical phrase they were using.

jummo

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
At first, I thought this was a great idea but on reflection I think I will pass. It only takes me about ten minutes to sign out and get a loaner. I would be concerned that the techs are racing to meet the timetable and don't do a good job. Also, my dealer is only about a 5-10 minute drive from my house. If it were far away, this would be a more enticing alternative.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
At first, I thought this was a great idea but on reflection I think I will pass. It only takes me about ten minutes to sign out and get a loaner. I would be concerned that the techs are racing to meet the timetable and don't do a good job. Also, my dealer is only about a 5-10 minute drive from my house. If it were far away, this would be a more enticing alternative.
My guess is that this is available in all dealers, including the one 5-10 minutes from your house. This does sound like anything offered as FastService won't necessarily be eligible for loaners(dependent on dealers).

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
My dealership offers shuttle service as an alternative to a loaner but has not raised any issues about providing a loaner to anyone who wants one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's all about the relationship

I agree that putting a 1-hour limit on our BMW technicians is the wrong answer. As we've all heard, "want it bad, get it bad". The only approach I've found useful is to keep a good relationship w my dealership service rep and technician. I always wait for the car during a simple oil change or other service, and ensure there is as little time pressure as possible. Time will tell how this new service level works.

·
David Padgalskas BMW PDX
318 Posts
I like it.

They are trying to sell your expectations. Today, we are seeing a lot BMW owners go to the dealer expecting sparkling water, warm cookies and a 340 loaner. They are also paying $199 on their lease...

The exclusivity of a BMW is going away. There are 10 other people with a $199 lease fighting for the sparkling water and cookies.

Then, the person in the loaner keeps it for a week without returning a call, returning it dirty and on fumes. This loaner is set to go out to another client who can't drive a silver car and will wait for the next white one.

When both clients pick up their cars, the complimentary wash is not good and everyone is upset. The cycle continues.

With the FastService, the dealer is selling you on under an hour and NO WASH. Everyone's expectations are managed and everyone is happy...even when the dealership is 10x more busy than it was in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
381 Posts
BMW quicki-lube

man, if they can't replace a halogen light bulb in under an hour, something is really wrong.
They tried to tell me one time it was a 2 hour job and would be 375 bucks, I bitched and told them I could do it in less than an hour and a certified bmw tech with a ramp should easily do it in less than an hour, they relented and charged me an hour labor. Apparently i was right, this is why people call them stealerships....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts