BMW now offering a new after sales Remote Engine Start (REns) system for the F15 X5 and F10 5 Series. The new BMW remote engine start is the perfect solution for those who prefer to warm up, or cool down their car before setting out on their journey. The system utilizes your existing key fob and is activated with three presses of the lock button. The system first checks with the vehicle to make sure it is safe to start before remotely initiating engine ignition.
Remote Engine Start Benefits
The BMW remote engine start is fully integrated into your BMW's electrical system and key fob and does not require carrying additional remotes.
- Warm up or cool down your BMW from the convenience of your own home or office
- Intuitive and seamless from your existing key
- Easy to use - Simply push the luck button two times, then press and hold it a third time for about 1-2 seconds to remote start your BMW
- Your BMW will run for up to 20 minutes before automatically shutting down for safety
- Can be added to a new or used vehicle
For remote starting all windows, doors and the sunroof must be closed and the vehicle locked. The electronic parking brake must be engaged with the transmission in park. The vehicle cannot have any check engine lights or be low on fuel.
Installation requires an BMW key fob to be integrated into the Remote Engine Start unit (BMW PN 64 50 2 408 984). The remote start unit is $525.00 if you want to use an existing key. A complete remote start kit for the F15 X5 is $890.00. Installation time is approximately 1.5 hours so the total cost will end up slightly north of $1000.00. Not cheap, but for a factory approved remote start system it is worth it.
BMW is currently only supporting the F15 X5 and F10 5 Series but I expect if there is interest this will be expanded to additional models.
2.8 MB Views: 5,528