Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I purchased a 330i last month, I was able to get 5.35% from my local credit union. The BMW dealer couldn't beat CU loan rates. They can only offer me 5.6%.

Check with your local credit union, I'm sure you'll get the lowest loan rates of all banks in your town.

-madmax

·
Yoyo Mama
619 Posts
I'm going thru my credit union and already got approved for 5.0% BMW would only go to 5.25%.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Shop around. I went to Lendingtree.com first, got four quotes between 3.75 and 4.25, then went to a local credit union that I qualified for and got 3.65 preapproved.

When I sat with the finance guy at the dealer, we found that his dealership was authorized to start loans through my CU so we both ended up happy and I got the best rate around at the time.

Of course, that was two years ago. I don't think those rates are available now. :dunno:

·
Yoyo Mama
619 Posts
rgzimmer said:
Shop around. I went to Lendingtree.com first, got four quotes between 3.75 and 4.25, then went to a local credit union that I qualified for and got 3.65 preapproved.

When I sat with the finance guy at the dealer, we found that his dealership was authorized to start loans through my CU so we both ended up happy and I got the best rate around at the time.

Of course, that was two years ago. I don't think those rates are available now. :dunno:

Those rate are definitely not avail right now. The best deal you'll get is in the 4.75-5 range with excellent credit (score > 750)

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I bought my 325cic about 3 months ago, the real appeal of financing through the dealership was simple interest. That is going to save me a bundle over the life of my loan if I make early payments or want to pay more one month. That was a hard deal to beat. I have no idea if it was just that dealership, BMWFS, or what.

·
Registered
579 Posts
kobechrome said:
Those rate are definitely not avail right now. The best deal you'll get is in the 4.75-5 range with excellent credit (score > 750)
The key is to shop around. You won't get the best rate from a dealer unless you've done some homework.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
Also, be careful when comparing rates, some of the rates quoted on this thread made be for adjustable rate car loans as opposed to fixed rate.

·
Registered
292 Posts
chuck92103 said:
Also, be careful when comparing rates, some of the rates quoted on this thread made be for adjustable rate car loans as opposed to fixed rate.
Adjustable rate car loans, you've got to be kidding me :rofl:!! Where the heck have I been. What's next, interest only car loans :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts