BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my ED packet yesterday and found that, somewhere along the line, somebody dropped the ball and my Xenons didn't get included in the build of my e90. Friggin' unbelievable! I called my salesman last night to have him validate the problem but, since it's the weekend, I'm not going to know for a couple of days. I told him that they're going to have to build another car. I'm scheduled to pick it up in Munich in 23 days so I sure hope there's a slot in BMW's production schedule. I suppose I'd take the car as is but they are going to have to come back with something like ED wholesale or throw the 18" sport wheels on it. Any other suggestions to make up for this blunder?

AZBob
325i/Sport Package
Sparkling Graphite/Beige 'ette/Poplar
Logic7, Sat radio, BMW Assist
Xenons????????????????????????????????????????

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
What are you looking at that makes you think they forgot your xenons? On some of the documentation, you won't see all of the stuff that you thought you ordered. Kind of inconsistent really.

Are you only going to Europe to get your car, or do you have plans to drive it around Europe as part of your vacation?

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
This is why I ALWAYS STRESS that you need to deal w/ well experinced ED dealers. There is so much communication that needs to go back and forth and if s/he miscommunicate w/ the buyer things can go BAD!

Its your responsible to see to it that your car has the options you ordered. I can tell you that there is no way an option was entered into the computer and accepted by BMW not build to spec. So the ball was dropped between you and your dealer.

There is NO WAY a new car can be build to spec at this point, you need to decide if you want the car or not. At this point. Either walk away from the car without Xenon and reschedule/order another car for few months down the road, or take the car as is and accept the car without the xenons.

Good luck w/ whatever you choose to do.

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, if it was my local dealer, then they are going to have to come up with some kind of concession although I'm hoping maybe a new car can be built in time. I ordered the original one on 4/1 and it was completed on 4/14 which kind of shocked me. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
That is definitely a bummer. I'd probably wait if that was the case, as the Xenons are worth it. I haven't been following the e90s much, (except for that Biatch in the 320d near Verona!) but I would have thought Xenons were standard by now.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
It NOT the build that is impossible, it is scheduling (whose spot they have to bump to get you there) and more importantly the logistic (paperwork, registration and insurance setup, shipping the car to the right place, store, etc.). In short time is running out and it is IMPOSSIBLE in 21 days. You need to start to consider alternative.

Good luck,

beewang

·
.oo=||=oo.
1,126 Posts
Are xenons on your purchase order? You may have dropped the ball right there if you signed off on it without xenons. Else, the dealer clearly f*cked up and you have the contract (purchase order) to back you up and the dealer's obligation to deliver.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It has nothing to do with the Euro Delivery "purchase order" all my options were not listed on there, and my knowledgeable salesman said it doesn't need to be. But it did need to be on the actual order, which you should have checked over and over again. I have printouts which my dealer handed me just after I watched him place the order, and insured he checked all the right options. In addition, I called BMW Owners circle at least three times during the wait for the build and asked them to list all my ordered options. (without any help from me), so I could verify the car was going to be as I wanted.

I don't think there is any question about the dealers "obligation" it's a question about going to Europe to pick-up a car, which will then become yours immediatly, and it does not have the options you thought (and hopefully your dealer) ordered.

hmr said:
Are xenons on your purchase order? You may have dropped the ball right there if you signed off on it without xenons. Else, the dealer clearly f*cked up and you have the contract (purchase order) to back you up and the dealer's obligation to deliver.

·
.oo=||=oo.
1,126 Posts
e36M3r said:
It has nothing to do with the Euro Delivery "purchase order" all my options were not listed on there, and my knowledgeable salesman said it doesn't need to be. ...
Your salesman f*cked you over, if that's the case. My ED purchase order did list all optional equipment I ordered. What other piece of paper do you have that clearly shows your ordered that option?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
hmr said:
Your salesman f*cked you over, if that's the case. My ED purchase order did list all optional equipment I ordered. What other piece of paper do you have that clearly shows your ordered that option?
:rofl: Brilliant dude. I already picked it up! :rofl:

Your dealer can do a "Vehicle Inquiry" report which will definitly list all your options and include your production number. The "purchase order" is for BMW NA Euro Delivery and includes the Production # of your car, which is what BMW AG uses to build the car.

You can now quit having to use the vulgarity to discuss what you apparently know little about.

·
.oo=||=oo.
1,126 Posts
e36M3r said:
:rofl: Brilliant dude. I already picked it up! :rofl:

Your dealer can do a "Vehicle Inquiry" report which will definitly list all your options and include your production number. The "purchase order" is for BMW NA Euro Delivery and includes the Production # of your car, which is what BMW AG uses to build the car.

You can now quit having to use the vulgarity to discuss what you apparently know little about.
:bareass: :flipoff: I can spell that out for if you need. F'ing expert.

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
beewang said:
It NOT the build that is impossible, it is scheduling (whose spot they have to bump to get you there) and more importantly the logistic (paperwork, registration and insurance setup, shipping the car to the right place, store, etc.)....
It is the car's production (or the reassignment of a car being produced) that may be the real challenge at this point. The remaining logistics you mention can be done fairly quickly. After a car is built, you are looking at 1-1.5 days to get it to the receiving delivery center and another day for the insurance and plates.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Now that's class! :rofl:

Not to mention you are clearly wrong and mistaken! :rofl:

My car was ordered with HK, but it was not one my Purchase order. But it was on my car!! No worries! :rofl:

hmr said:
:bareass: :flipoff: I can spell that out for if you need. F'ing expert.

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
AZBob said:
Well, if it was my local dealer, then they are going to have to come up with some kind of concession although I'm hoping maybe a new car can be built in time. I ordered the original one on 4/1 and it was completed on 4/14 which kind of shocked me....
Such things can happen when a company builds to forecast.

I went through the paperwork on my old ED order. If my experience is of anything more than historical interest, this will all prove to be a tempest in a teapot and you will pick up the car you ordered. At one point, BMW's system was showing I was to get a cabrio rather than a coupe. I see I neglected to mention this in my faxes to my dealer as that would have been a mistake I could have lived with. :) Instead, I received what we had ordered. Phooey!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

I think I am what you call a newbie. I usually just monitor forums to stay informed.
I do have a little experience with BMW E.D.. When a car is built with the wrong equipment/color etc. it is not usually BMW at fault. The key to assuring that your car is properly ordered is attention to detail. The first step the in E.D. process for the dealer is forwarding a reservation request with specific info re; the customer, model, colors, equipment and delivery date to the E.D. center. The E.D. center will confirm the date, equipment, etc. and put the car into the dealer's inventory. Once the car is in the dealer's inventory it will appear on the dealer availability report as a "0" priority tourist delivery.
the availability report will show color and equipment. This is the time for your Client Advisor to check and confirm that the order is correct, print a vehicle inquirey report and get it into the customers hands to confirm that all is correct. I would advise anyone who is ordering E.D. to "bug'' his/ her C.A. for this info within a week of the original order. Most times, unless you order on short notice, the is plenty of time to make changes to the car. i hope I have not been to long, and I hope it will be helpful.

P.S. My experience has been that BMW wants the E.D. purchase order to be COMPLETE

Don

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Autobahn Don got it right. IF in general he meant BMW wants the Purchase Order to be complete, ... well, of course they do, who wouldn't?

Once again, the ED Purchase Order is only a general reflection of your car. As final proof. The PO needs to be completed about 30 days before the delivery. Mine was dated 2-23-05, however, my car was built and finished 2-12-05, 11 days before the purchase order was even filled out, let alone arrive at BMW.

The PO is the legal transference of the car from the dealer to the ED department so they can deliver the car to you in Munich instead of sending it to your dealer.

The vehicle inquiry report as Autobahn Don said, IS the key. I got one immediatly upon placing the order, one the next time they called me for something ("hey could you fax me a current vechicle inquiry report while you're at it") and also when I added an option about 2 weeks after ordering. Plus I called the OC # and talked to a support person and had them read me my options to independently to verify what I had from the dealer.

Its up to us to insure we get what we want, etc.

autobahn Don said:
P.S. My experience has been that BMW wants the E.D. purchase order to be COMPLETE

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
AZBob said:
Well, if it was my local dealer, then they are going to have to come up with some kind of concession although I'm hoping maybe a new car can be built in time. I ordered the original one on 4/1 and it was completed on 4/14 which kind of shocked me. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
Hey, AZBob, how has this turned out? You've got some people beating each other up on your behalf. Maybe the error was simply in the description, like John's cabrio.

Keep in mind that a dealer probably isn't going to be able to "make it right" since the car comes wrong, and it's not like a car on the lot that they're stuck with. They're acting merely as a sales agent for BMWNA, and not really on their own behalf (other than the profit BMW gives them).

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Well, we'll see what the dealer does for you assuming your car is missing Xenons. Be sure to update the thread when you know for sure! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts