Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front hood emblem flew off while I was driving, I've been searching everywhere online but every front hood emblem that is being sold has 2 pins and on my hood there isn't a spot to put the 2 pins in.
I thought I could get an adhesive kind but I have no idea where to find that online.
I have a 2008 BMW 535xi.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem or find an adhesive front emblem on the Internet?
Any info helps!
Thanks,
Dominic

·
Mike Swing
404 Posts
Are you sure that the grommets aren't still in the holes where pins should go? That's what happened to me. I had to pry out the remaining grommets to get to the pin holes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
^ +1. There has to be two holes. I always buy new grommets when replacing a Roundel. The old ones can be stuck pretty tight, but needle nose pliers usually work. Stick them into the grommet and twist it out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here is a Video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T20R1jeC-S4

Otto uses a pry tool but I used an old credit card, slipped it under the emblem and then used a flat head screwdriver on top of the card to pry it up.

You can find the emblems at Bavarian Auto or any BMW parts store online.
Make sure and get a BMW OEM Emblem, on Amazon the cheap ones turn yellow fast.
OEM costs online are roughly $33.00 to $35.00 for a emblem, I went to the local dealer and paid $40.00 with the grommets, no shipping costs or waiting.
Here is some on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/BMW-Car-and-Truck-Emblem/33643/bn_580392/i.html
After looking on ebay, I got ripped off if they are OEM
LOL
Bud

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,188 Posts
So my front hood emblem flew off while I was driving, I've been searching everywhere online but every front hood emblem that is being sold has 2 pins and on my hood there isn't a spot to put the 2 pins in.
I thought I could get an adhesive kind but I have no idea where to find that online.
I have a 2008 BMW 535xi.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem or find an adhesive front emblem on the Internet?
Any info helps!
Thanks,
Dominic
I have seen this before. Your roundel came apart in two pieces. You need to remove the emblem holder, this is why you're not seeing the holes. Follow the video and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have to remove the silver remains of your old emblem (as per video) and you will see the 2 holes... I did this a few months ago..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts