BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Im new to the BMW world and im interested in purchasing a bmw car used which has done over 250000 to 300000 kms 1 series or 3 series 2004-2007. Im working as a food delivery guy so i want a best economical car in the BMW's in that period. What is your opinion? ( I know taking a prius is eash but im addicted to BMW and just want to get a idea of fuel consumptionand maintenance of BMWs)

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
"Economical" and "BMW" should never be used in the same sentence. BMW's are complex, and that makes them a pain to maintain when they get older. Get a Toyota. The low fuel consumption of a Prius is really cool, until the batteries go dead.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My 328i in Echo runs like my old Corolla and gets around 36 mpg, maybe a little better on the highway with the cruise on. I would expect low to mid 20s if I were doing the stop and go of pizza delivery. Plus you should run higher octane fuel. Maintenance is maybe $1000 per year if you use the dealership and don't break anything. You are running a business so think expenses not image. Look at the Chicago cab fleet and let that help with your decision.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Mine is doing around 37 mpg. E91 325d.
But low fuel consumption alone doesn't make car economical. It still needs maintenance like every BMW.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Agree BUT the OP is not a good candidate for a diesel...many short stops.
Basically his use is not good reason for buying an old BMW or new BMW. Will need to compromise between economical and reliable, but both are important if wishing to gain money from delivery job.

I was delivering commercial papers with my e46 M43, but it was 10yrs ago and car wasn't bought for the job in purpose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts