BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
682 Posts
So what did he run back for? wallet? razr? ipod nano? stash?

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
TeeZee said:
I will say iPod.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TeeZee said:
I can always replace a wallet, razor or a nano, but some Weed, hhhmm I would run back for :thumbup: :rofl: :rofl: . imagine that stash start to burn when the cops pull up :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
806 Posts
No way would I go back to the car!!!! It could have blown!:eek: He's one lucky SOB, he was just standing there in the path of the car 2 secs earlier!

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,360 Posts
closer2pin said:
No way would I go back to the car!!!! It could have blown!:eek:
Common misconception from too many hollywood movies.:yikes: I have been on hundreds of vehicle fires. The filler tube or gas line will burn through first, release the contents of the fuel tank, hence no explosion. The only things that usually explode are the tires and magnesium parts (when exposed to water). If something else explodes it is usally the contents inside the trunk. Just my professional opinion.

If you notice, the shear valves on the pumps worked perfectly, allowing very little fuel to escape and burn. :thumbup:

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
firehire said:
Common misconception from too many hollywood movies.:yikes: I have been on hundreds of vehicle fires. The filler tube or gas line will burn through first, release the contents of the fuel tank, hence no explosion. The only things that usually explode are the tires and magnesium parts (when exposed to water). If something else explodes it is usally the contents inside the trunk. Just my professional opinion.

If you notice, the shear valves on the pumps worked perfectly, allowing very little fuel to escape and burn. :thumbup:
Yeah. That was neat.

·
Freude am Fahren
682 Posts
mimic said:
I bet he ran back for his keys.
At $200 to replace at the $tealer, can you blame him! :dunno:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I don't know.. I have seen 18 wheelers explode after being struck by a car, looked alot like Hollywood to me :)

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
firehire said:

Yep, cars blowing = rare. Just like in movies they show gunshot victims pitching backward. The reality is so boring it wouldn't make for good cinema.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts