BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, finally decided to get an account so I could post my issue here. So my 2004 645Ci's iDrive keeps power cycling (turning on and off in repeat) until magically it decides to work. It may start the very first time, others it may not start at all. I am really hoping I don't have to go to the dealership for this one, any ideas on what I could do to solve this issue?

·
Super Moderator
9,940 Posts
Try charging your battery to see if this will help. You can force a reboot of the IDrive by pressing the power & both eject buttons on the dash at the same time. Your battery must stay above 12 volts not running for the car to operate properly. You should probably also inspect the trunk for water, incase your roof drain lines have clogged, allowing water to get to the electronics in the trunk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I checked my batteries voltage and when my car is off it fluctuates between 12.45V-12.65V. When I turn the car on, it spikes up to 14V. Is there a way to check if the CCC is in need of repair?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.