BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a BMW but they never have em in NASCAR
when will BMW show that they can race too????????
do they have plans to do this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't know but i tell you what. my 2002 will flat out get it in the turns. I would not be ashamed to put it on the track with sterlin marling or anybody.
First off bmw would have to do a lot of testing on the big tracks. does anybody know who we need to get in touch with to get this thing going? maybe if we wrote up a penition, then we would have enough klout to get this pony jumping. does anybody else have any ideas here?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why would BMW want to make a carburetted pushrod motor? NASCAR doesn't fit into their development plans. It would be a step backwards for them. I would like to see them in prototype racing again however.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Mashuri said:
Why would BMW want to make a carburetted pushrod motor? NASCAR doesn't fit into their development plans. It would be a step backwards for them. I would like to see them in prototype racing again however.
Plus I think most of the cars are too small, except the E65. And like Internet Explorer to Windows I don't think BMW could figure out how to remove I-drive :D :D

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Mashuri said:
... I would like to see them in prototype racing again however.
Me too.

While we are on the topic... Tom Milner's BMW Team PTG, use to be a NASCAR team before switching to BMW.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
classy man said:
I wonder what the chance is of ever getting bmw's in nascar. i bet it's not much unfourtanately.
By rule, NASCAR is limited to "American" manufacturers. Don't know exactly how they define that though, seeing as how Daimler/Chrysler/Dodge is welcome. I think the closest BMW will come to NASCAR is continuing to supply the pace car at the Glen as long as Sirius sponsors the race.

Doug - Not really a NASCAR fan, but plays one on TV

·
Registered
70 Posts
DougP said:

By rule, NASCAR is limited to "American" manufacturers. Don't know exactly how they define that though, seeing as how Daimler/Chrysler/Dodge is welcome. I think the closest BMW will come to NASCAR is continuing to supply the pace car at the Glen as long as Sirius sponsors the race.
i think this is innacurate info. do you not recall the early seventies when the 911 porche was in theer? if they let porches in i'm sure a beemer sedan would be legal.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
classy man said:

i think this is innacurate info. do you not recall the early seventies when the 911 porche was in theer? if they let porches in i'm sure a beemer sedan would be legal.
I'm sure NASCAR fans know a lot about porches :D
(laying on them passed out)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
those porschs werent in nascar they were in irock that was a seires where all the stars of different series would come together and race on all kinds of tracks to see who was best

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Re: Re: BMW in NASCAR???

Bimmer? said:

By the way . . . **** NASCAR! You will Never see a German Engineered Car in that Circus or American Hick Cars: fords
and Pontiacs
It's amazing the nascar bashing here:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:
maybe 10-20 years ago it was a circus, but today there is nothing "stock" about a stock car. Millions of dollars are invested in r/d of today's top teams. The only thing they are possibly behind in is electronic engine/fuel management, but thier rules dictate that. I've walked in Busch and WC garages, and these crews are working with top stuff.

I'm not trying to compare them with F1, but you can no longer laugh at the moneys that are generated, and spent, by this form of racing. Their silly restrictor plate races are the only races where they can "keep WOT and turn left"

Sure, their announcer's leave a lot to be desired...but these are no slouch drivers or cars anymore.

I can understand completely if it is not your favorite form of racing....but it has come a long way

Flame suite on:banghead:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Re: Re: Re: BMW in NASCAR???

DougDogs said:

It's amazing the nascar bashing here:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:
maybe 10-20 years ago it was a circus, but today there is nothing "stock" about a stock car. Millions of dollars are invested in r/d of today's top teams. The only thing they are possibly behind in is electronic engine/fuel management, but thier rules dictate that. I've walked in Busch and WC garages, and these crews are working with top stuff.

I'm not trying to compare them with F1, but you can no longer laugh at the moneys that are generated, and spent, by this form of racing. Their silly restrictor plate races are the only races where they can "keep WOT and turn left"

Sure, their announcer's leave a lot to be desired...but these are no slouch drivers or cars anymore.

I can understand completely if it is not your favorite form of racing....but it has come a long way

Flame suite on:banghead:
i agree, and i also think any bashing of nascar as low skill driving is a little inaccurate. going almost 200 mph constantly 6 inches from every other car requires some skill... yeah it's one long left turn, but still

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:
seriously, i'm behind. what the hell does WOT mean? i've seen it a lot more in the past few weeks and have zero idea.
Way Off Topic.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts