Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know BMW has this program in the US, but no one really seems to know much about it. I just want to know what colors are available through BMW individual. Estoril Blue is my all time favorite BMW color, so it would be great if they offered Estoril Blue on the newer cars. Also how much would it cost?

20,210 Posts
ZinnoBerrot325 said:
I know BMW has this program in the US, but no one really seems to know much about it. I just want to know what colors are available through BMW individual. Estoril Blue is my all time favorite BMW color, so it would be great if they offered Estoril Blue on the newer cars. Also how much would it cost?
Estoril should be do-able. Many in the U.S. have gotten EB on their E46 M3's through Individual. Total net cost is $1525. ($2000 spec order paint, but they don't charge the $475 metallic paint fee)

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,283 Posts
ZinnoBerrot325 said:
I must dispel this myth that continues to circulate around the net... Unfortunately, BMWNA does not offer the Individual progam. There are certain "special order" items that are sometimes available "a la carte" such as a rear sunshade for E46, or cloth interior. Sometimes there are "no charge" special paint orders, and there are others that you must pay for (around $1,750.00). The pallet of offerings varies over time. Quite often, something might just be plain not available. Typically, non "M" cars can't get an exclusive "M" color. Estoril seems to be the exception nowadays (try getting Le Mans Blue for instance). Also relevent is does the factory in which your car will be built offer the color that you want in another model? "South Carolina unique" is an expression that could be coined from this.

The bottom line is this: as of today (8/05/2002), BMWNA will not do ANY "special order" of any sort until further notice; that is, until the production has been "ramped up" as they say for MY 2003 production.

Hope this helps,
--Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: BMW Individual?

Jon Shafer said:

I must dispel this myth that continues to circulate around the net... Unfortunately, BMWNA does not offer the Individual progam. There are certain "special order" items that are sometimes available "a la carte" such as a rear sunshade for E46, or cloth interior. Sometimes there are "no charge" special paint orders, and there are others that you must pay for (around $1,750.00). The pallet of offerings varies over time. Quite often, something might just be plain not available. Typically, non "M" cars can't get an exclusive "M" color. Estoril seems to be the exception nowadays (try getting Le Mans Blue for instance). Also relevent is does the factory in which your car will be built offer the color that you want in another model? "South Carolina unique" is an expression that could be coined from this.

The bottom line is this: as of today (8/05/2002), BMWNA will not do ANY "special order" of any sort until further notice; that is, until the production has been "ramped up" as they say for MY 2003 production.

Hope this helps,
--Jon
Thanks for the reply Jon. I would expect BMWNA to hold off on special order options until they really get into making the 03 year models. It's interesting how Estoril Blue, an original ///M color is offered for non ///M cars but the other ///M colors aren't :thumbdwn: Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.

atyclb, could you post some more pics of the Le Mans Blue M3?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts